Thread: Paint warning!
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2017, 10:09 PM   #30
Terry, NJ

Default Re: Paint warning!

I think you meant Brent Terry. I hesitate to answer as I don't feel comfortable giving much advice about a subject I know so little about. Anyone who would care to see my work, in my album "My A". This was with a Harbor Freight "Purple Gun", PPG Paint costing $354, 1 Gal Chicle Drab, 1/2 Gal Copra Drab , hardener and thinner. The fenders are TSC Black. The chassis is Magnet Paint , "Chassis Saver". Yes, it needs lots of color sanding. All in all, It's better than I expected. I painted two vehicles before in my life. A TR3 in 1965 and a 65 ford PU in 1974. Both were painted with DuPont "Centari" which is almost unavailable today ($15 @ QT). I always shied away from body work of all kinds, it was definitely out of my "Comfort zone". I have learned a little since then and now I don't fear it so much. If I continue with it, I may actually get good at it.
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty12 View Post
Thanks for the reply, Terry.

Like I said, I asked this strictly for curiosity purposes.

Since the gun and equipment are important variables, let's assume that the paint is going through a sprayer and hose assembly similar to what you use in your shop. Also, let's assume the sheet metal is properly and professionally prepped. Or, how many gallons of black paint would you need to paint the subject 1930 all black coupe?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer this rather vague question!!!
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote