View Single Post
Old 12-24-2016, 06:52 PM   #18
Marshall V. Daut

Default Re: Where did you put yours?

"I wish states would have and enforce a law that anything can't be noisier than when it left the factory. In MN it seems every pickup and Harley is in competition to see who can be the loudest."

Would you even notice losers in life like this if they didn't call attention to themselves in such a crude way? They know that, too, so this is the only way they have to make themselves seen by a world that daily ignores them. These are the same type of people who haven't cut their lawns in two months or replaced lost shingles from their roofs in the last three years. Too expensive! But, by gawd, they have money for loud glass pack mufflers!!!
When I lived in Phoenix, I resented the state's bi-yearly vehicle inspection law for emissions and mufflers, as well as other obvious safety violations. Since I moved back to Iowa, however, I PRAY that this state will someday institute such a requirement so that the zeroes around here driving with no mufflers or seriously impaired ones will be FORCED to retro-fit their rusted out junk cars with factory style livable decibel level mufflers. 'Might also be a good idea not to drive on the spare tire for six months before it, too, blows out. And hey! Replacing a broken windshield shouldn't need to be required! Maybe even replace that burned out/smashed out headlight, eh? Nope, not around here! 'Getting REAL old...
Marshall
Marshall V. Daut is offline   Reply With Quote