View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 12:30 AM   #24
Mike V. Florida

Send a message via AIM to Mike V. Florida
Default Re: No spark at distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp5491r View Post
I am frustrated on this one. With switch off, I have voltage from starter to both sides of coil. Ampmeter discharges when I try the horn. Took distributor plates (top and bottom) out to look for shorts and didn't see any issues. Replaced the wire from switch to distributor, thinking it might of been shorted out inside the cable, still no spark at the points.
What am I missing?? Thanks.
Did you follow the step by step given here?http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showpo...87&postcount=4

Open the points and place a piece of paper in between to keep them open. Turn on ignition switch. Do you have voltage on the swing arm?

Yes - the wiring from the battery, coil primary, ignition switch wiring, o the points are good. The condenser is not shorted.

No, Check the above wiring.

Once you have voltage at the points swing arm check, with the points closed, do you now have zero volts? Points open 6 volts battery closed zero volts?

No, then the points are closing of they are dirty or the distributor is not grounding well to the engine and the engine to the frame, the frame to the battery.

Yes, take the wire from the center of the coil and place it near a head bolt. Close and open the points, do you now have a spark 1/4 inch and blue/white in color?