View Single Post
Old 08-25-2015, 03:50 PM   #7
Dave in MN

Default Re: Snyder's Head Gasket Recommendations or Feedback?

If the head is a Snyder's head. IMO: Snyder's "B" Head Gasket Copper w/Graphite Core (B-6051-C)
Fits their HC head well and seals well after 3-4 heat cycles. Avoid using antifreeze during the seating of the gasket as the anti freeze will hinder/weaken the sealing. Clear water is best during this process. The gasket will seep a little bit until you put it through the 3-4 heat cycles. The seeping will lessen with each subsequent heating and cooling. Avoid heavy loading or high speeds until you have completed the required heat cycles. I have had zero failures when following the above process.

If a stock Head: IMO: Snyder's Copper Head Gasket A-6051-C With a liberal spray of Copper Coat on each side.

IMO: Checking and maintaining the torque on a head during the first days to a month of its operating life is as important as the actual gasket used. I also believe the torque should be occasionally checked while in service...like every start of the driving season or extended trip. That said, I think I will check the torque on both my A's this weekend!
I know I missed checking the pickup this Spring and I should practice what I preach.
Good luck with your project.
Good Day to all!

Last edited by Dave in MN; 08-26-2015 at 05:26 PM.
Dave in MN is offline   Reply With Quote