The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Marco Tahtaras (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337390)

Doug Clayton 04-03-2024 06:01 PM

Marco Tahtaras

I hate to be the one to deliver bad news, but one of the most talented and respected Model A Owners/Restorers, Marco Tahtaras passed away this morning. We worked together on many projects over the years including restorations, the Judging Standards and Restoration Guide, as well as the Paint and Finish Guide. One of the Greats in our hobby will be sorely missed!!

180 a 04-03-2024 06:09 PM

Re: Marco Tahtaras

RIP Marco, He helped me with my 180A
Ron Kullgren

Terry Burtz, Calif 04-03-2024 06:11 PM

RIP Marco.
Marco pieced 8x10 photographs from the archives together for me when I started the "New Engine" project.

mhsprecher 04-03-2024 06:33 PM

Sorry to hear that. I spoke to him at a couple of MARC meets. I knew him by reputation, but not personally.

Gary WA 04-03-2024 06:50 PM

So Sad!!! Condolences to Family and Friends. RIP

Scott NY 04-03-2024 07:26 PM

So sad one of the best model a person around RIP Marco

Doug Linden 04-03-2024 08:11 PM

This is such sad news to hear. A tremendous loss to his family and to the Model A hobby. He was one of the real Model A experts and so willing to share his knowledge.

Brentwood Bob 04-03-2024 08:45 PM

He was a restorer's restorer. An eye for detail others missed. Frank and direct the couple of times I met him. I referred many times to his work over the years.

SHEC 04-03-2024 11:57 PM

A class gentleman and a fount of available knowledge that will be near impossible to replace. California has been blessed by many talented and warm folks… he was top notch.
RIP Marcos. God Bless his family and friends.

SAJ 04-04-2024 01:36 AM

Sadly missed already. Marco's advice and eye for detail were amazing. He helped me several times with advice on the Barn when I restored my cars. We only met him couple of times at Model A meets. Sincerely hope his Model A Barnyard remains accessible in remembrance of his great work.
Rest in peace marco.
SAJ in NZ

ronn 04-04-2024 04:05 AM

sorry to hear that. He was a legend on this board.

Bob-A 04-04-2024 05:47 AM

I never met the man. But once we corresponded over how to ID a repo deluxe model-A roadster body versus an original one. He will be missed! Rest In Peace good sir.

Bob-A

BRENT in 10-uh-C 04-04-2024 05:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Yes, sad news indeed! Marco was someone who truly had the passion for perfection. He advanced this hobby in ways that most hobbyists will never realize. The amount of knowledge he shared in the early days of Fordbarn (Gus & Shelly era) was just mindblowing. I had the priveledge to judge a couple of national meets under his leadership, and I enjoyed many conversations with him over the years. I am probably most grateful of how he taught me to accurately research how Model-As were designed and constructed. My thoughts are with Susan and the rest of his family during this time.

AL in NY 04-04-2024 05:59 AM

So sorry to hear this, my prays go out to the family.

Joop 04-04-2024 07:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
What a loss!! Our condolences to Susan. Marlies and Joop

Picture taken at the Ohio National Meet last year.

Big hammer 04-04-2024 08:07 AM

Thought’s and prayers to Marco’s family and friends

Planojc 04-04-2024 09:12 AM

He was a big help during the restoration of my 31 Roadster. RIP Marco.

Rob Doe 04-04-2024 09:14 AM

Thank you, Marco, for all your shared knowledge. RIP

JRrev 04-04-2024 10:36 AM

Sad news indeed. I always looked forward to talking with him at National Meets.

P.S. 04-04-2024 10:45 AM

Marco was SO kind and generous with myself and others with his knowledge and parts stash. The first time I met him in person was at his house, Marco was showing me some details on his nearly perfect score fine-point winning roadster. He let me crawl all over and under it to take photos and document details for a project of mine. He offered me some parts for my own restoration at the time. When I was done, Marco said "jump in" and we went for a wild ride in his roadster to visit a friend of his. Thankfully, I thought to grab my cellphone and shoot a short video during the ride- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMOeS9mGjsg

That laser-straight hoodline is breathtaking! Marco was the only "Model A guy" who was so generous and kind when I was younger and just getting in to Model As. He has the heart of a teacher for sure! Marco's attitude was refreshing and will be noticeably missed.