The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   MAC's & Cartouche (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=323576)

The Master Cylinder 02-18-2023 08:40 PM

MAC's & Cartouche

I just received the Jan/Feb 2023 issue of Model "A" News and I see MAC's has a full page ad and Cartouche has a ˝ page ad. Are they still in business?

I need the front carpet for my '30 Town Sedan but am reluctant to purchase from MAC's.

The other vendors don't seem to carry carpet, any sugestions.

Thank you.

Ken/Alabama 02-18-2023 08:57 PM

Re: MAC's & Cartouche

Anything about the upholstery for our V8 Fords ?? From what I’ve heard Cartouche is done !

JayJay 02-18-2023 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Cylinder (Post 2205493)
I just received the Jan/Feb 2023 issue of Model "A" News and I see MAC's has a full page ad and Cartouche has a ˝ page ad. Are they still in business?

I need the front carpet for my '30 Town Sedan but am reluctant to purchase from MAC's.

The other vendors don't seem to carry carpet, any sugestions.

Thank you.

Master - Classtique appears to offer carpet (I hope so, I need a set for my '30 Town Sedan!), see https://www.classtiqueupholstery.com...dowC_Sedan.pdf. Get a set and let me know how they are.

JayJay

The Master Cylinder 02-18-2023 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayJay (Post 2205498)
Master - Classtique appears to offer carpet (I hope so, I need a set for my '30 Town Sedan!), see https://www.classtiqueupholstery.com...dowC_Sedan.pdf. Get a set and let me know how they are.

JayJay

Thanks for that, JyJay. That is exactly what I want, wool, square weave. I wonder why they sell the rear by itself but not the front. You would think the front would wear out faster (like mine) and need to be replaced sooner.

I'll give them a call.

JayJay 02-18-2023 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Cylinder (Post 2205503)
Thanks for that, JyJay. That is exactly what I want, wool, square weave I wonder why they sell the rear by itself but not the front. You would think the front would wear out faster (like mine) and need to be replaced sooner.

I'll give the a call.

Please let me know what you find out.

JayJay

Ordsgt 02-18-2023 10:32 PM

Call Mike at Classtique. He is a very knowledgeable person and am sure he can help you. He may have just the front, just ask. I have been very happy with his service

jak 02-20-2023 09:05 AM

As of NOvember 2022 Cartouche has been closed. All of the employees were let go and i believer the assets were either sold or disposed of.

Seth Swoboda 02-21-2023 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jak (Post 2205780)
As of NOvember 2022 Cartouche has been closed. All of the employees were let go and i believer the assets were either sold or disposed of.

The morons that bought them threw all the assests, patterns material in the trash.

nkaminar 02-22-2023 07:03 AM

Years ago I bought a heavy duty sewing machine. I have gotten the money back many times. One of the first things I did with my Town Sedan was repair the carpet. Right now I am starting a project to re upholster the couch in our RV. New couches are over $1,000. It did take some experience to get half way decent results. I will not say that I am as good as the professionals but good enough.

rotorwrench 02-22-2023 08:01 PM

On my old used Consew 206, the first thing I did was get a solid state motor drive so that I could slow it down to get used to it. It's fast enough at speed for me to not want to change back to a clutch motor. The clutch motor is too sensitive and doesn't feather very well. As long as a person can keep it guided on the edge of the foot, it will sew as straight a line as a person needs. A reversible walking foot machine is the cat's meow for sewing upholstery. The machines will last a life time or two if properly serviced.

Oldbluoval 02-23-2023 08:31 AM

Wheeew! Macs ecklers and cartouche have gone 15 rounds on this website!
Have folks really not gathered they’re out of business and/or bad???

TerryO 02-23-2023 09:16 AM

Quote:

Wheeew! Macs ecklers and cartouche have gone 15 rounds on this website!
Have folks really not gathered they’re out of business and/or bad???
:D :rolleyes: :)
TOB

C1Nelson 02-23-2023 10:55 AM

Ecklers, Mac’s were difficult to work with when you had something that was not correct that they sent. 6-8 weeks to get refunds. Personally I am glad to see them gone. I have had much better service from Snyders, Berts, etc.

McMimmcs 02-23-2023 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth Swoboda (Post 2206110)
The morons that bought them threw all the assests, patterns material in the trash.

What is your source for this comment ? I was told by a former employee that all assets were being auctioned. Wayne

The Master Cylinder 02-23-2023 01:49 PM

How far this thread has strayed!! :eek: My initial question was asking where I could purchase carpet for my Town Sedan. :p:p

Seth Swoboda 02-23-2023 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Cylinder (Post 2206585)
How far this thread has strayed!! :eek: My initial question was asking where I could purchase carpet for my Town Sedan. :p:p

Classtique Upholstery.

Oldbluoval 02-23-2023 05:57 PM

Answered in post #3 and thereafter!
I guess some of us have diarrhea of the keyboard!

redmodelt 02-23-2023 08:38 PM

Not everyone reads every post every day, so ya there are people who don't know what is going on with MACs.

The Master Cylinder 02-24-2023 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seth Swoboda (Post 2206644)
Classtique Upholstery.

Got it in post #3, thanks. I contacted Mike and he is sending color samples.

Terry, NJ 02-26-2023 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nkaminar (Post 2206251)
Years ago I bought a heavy duty sewing machine. I have gotten the money back many times. One of the first things I did with my Town Sedan was repair the carpet. Right now I am starting a project to re upholster the couch in our RV. New couches are over $1,000. It did take some experience to get half way decent results. I will not say that I am as good as the professionals but good enough.

Good for you ! I am thinking of doing the same thing! Machines I've seen listed on Craigslist seem to run about $200 up. Assuming you get the machine, where do you get the Bedford Cord to run in it? I know Bedford Cord is being made, but on huge quantities (1000s of yds) which none of us would want to have to process. You can buy it really cheap, but not in the Mod. A pattern.
Terry