The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone received their GAV Deep Socket (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184769)

Mikeinnj 12-14-2015 02:14 PM

Anyone received their GAV Deep Socket

Have any Fordbarn members received their GAV Deep Sockets yet ???

Chris Haynes 12-14-2015 02:31 PM

Re: Anyone received their GAV Deep Socket

What is a GAV deep socket used for?

Mitch//pa 12-14-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Haynes (Post 1205803)
What is a GAV deep socket used for?

It's a deep socket for the GAV

Anteek29 12-14-2015 02:53 PM

Nope...still waiting.

Rowdy 12-14-2015 03:11 PM

Another Fordbarn Fleecing? Rod

CarlG 12-14-2015 03:44 PM

I wouldn't go that far, Rod, no one has shelled out any money at this point -- except the guy making the sockets.

Mike V. Florida 12-14-2015 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowdy (Post 1205824)

No way. He put out all the time and money asking for nothing in advance but time.

Y-Blockhead 12-14-2015 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida (Post 1205906)
No way. He put out all the time and money asking for nothing in advance but time.

Mike's right. Bill has asked for nothing up front but for us to be patient.

tbirdtbird 12-14-2015 08:58 PM

I am not known for mincing words. A totally uncalled for comment Rod you should delete it

CarlG 12-14-2015 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbirdtbird (Post 1205995)
i am not known for mincing words. A totally uncalled for comment rod you should delete it

a m e n !

Manager 12-14-2015 11:01 PM

He didn't make a comment, he asked a question. There is a question mark if you look.He probably hasn't read the 12 page thread about the grand production of a socket. :rolleyes:

Ray in La Mesa 12-15-2015 08:45 AM

Still patiently waiting.

fingers 12-15-2015 09:42 AM

Yes There are 7 members of the Sullivan trail Model A Ford club in or around Horseheads, New York that have gotten theirs. Fellows I am the father of Bill Haag who has made the sockets. So since I am the Pop I pulled rank and got the first 8 sockets off the production line. I also was with my son in his shop a few weeks ago helping with heat treatment and hardening the sockets. My kid kept me up till 2 AM getting this done. Bill has been busy with his own business and getting healthy. Too bad that I live over 200 miles from him or I could maybe get some more ready to ship. I think the first orders should be ready soon. Thanks for your patience. Bill Haag, Sr.

tbirdtbird 12-15-2015 11:13 AM

Bill,
we appreciate the hard work and long hours that it takes to make something like this happen. We are lucky to have a talented father-son team such as yours doing this.

When they are ready they are ready, and in the meantime the interested members here will be just fine.

Russ/40 12-15-2015 11:30 AM

I missed something. How can I get one?

fingers 12-15-2015 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowdy (Post 1205824)

Rod: I am so sorry that your first thought about these sockets is that it was a fleecing. I have sent you an e-mail with all my contact info. Please read it and get back to me, and allow me to put your mind at ease. Sincerely, Bill Haag, Sr

TinCup 12-15-2015 02:08 PM

I had hoped to give mine to the carb guy in the club for helping everyone out with their carb problems. I am still looking forward to getting this.

Mike V. Florida 12-15-2015 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fingers (Post 1206190)
Yes There are 7 members of the Sullivan trail Model A Ford club in or around Horseheads, New York that have gotten theirs. Fellows I am the father of Bill Haag who has made the sockets. So since I am the Pop I pulled rank and got the first 8 sockets off the production line. I also was with my son in his shop a few weeks ago helping with heat treatment and hardening the sockets. My kid kept me up till 2 AM getting this done. Bill has been busy with his own business and getting healthy. Too bad that I live over 200 miles from him or I could maybe get some more ready to ship. I think the first orders should be ready soon. Thanks for your patience. Bill Haag, Sr.

Good things come to those who wait!

Chris Haynes 12-15-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch//pa (Post 1205807)
It's a deep socket for the GAV

I don't know what a GAV is.

Mitch//pa 12-15-2015 04:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Haynes (Post 1206352)
I don't know what a GAV is.

It's a specially made socket to remove the GAV assy easily from a zenith carburetor.
Below is a picture of the GAV (gas adjusting valve)
As ""Ward"" mentioned the choke Rod attaches to the GAV and protrudes into the r/s of the passenger compartment. Pull on the Rod to use the choke or turn it in either direction to adjust the fuel mixture at cruising speed. Clockwise leans it out,,, counter clockwise richness it..