The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Good progress today & Thanks (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177587)

pgerhardt 09-06-2015 05:30 PM

Good progress today & Thanks

1 Attachment(s)
Cooler weather and some serious garage time resulted in some good progress today. I got the rear shocks, spare tire carrier, and bumpers installed today. I replaced the incorrect dog bone links with the correct for 29 tube links. Thanks go out to the ford barn members who's tips on installing the tube links made for a trouble free installation!

Oh, and yes although I know it probably did not originally have one, I made a 1/16" rubber gasket to go behind the carrier. I just could not bring myself to bolt the bare carrier up against my pretty new paint.

2manycars 09-06-2015 07:02 PM

Re: Good progress today & Thanks

That looks good. Nice colors, nice paint job.

Marvin/TN 09-06-2015 10:01 PM

Good looking car and paint job, you do the paint your self?

Steve Plucker 09-06-2015 10:52 PM

Like the colors...same as mine...Now for that yellow pin stripe!

Pluck

Barry B./ Ma. 09-07-2015 07:34 AM

Good job, looks better than when you bought it. You doing the striping? Study the factory pictures first, I use Finesse peeloff striping tape, with patience it will look nice in Straw.
Barry B./ Ma.

pgerhardt 09-07-2015 04:15 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yes I painted it myself in acrylic lacquer. So far it is only done from the doors back. The next step is to get the rear fenders (refinished last winter) and wheels back on. I'll remove the doors, the front fenders, and refinish them during the winter. With a little luck I'll finish up next spring.

Indiana A. Lover 09-07-2015 09:04 PM

This question is for Barry B. I am very interested in the stripping tape you call Finesse Peeloff stripping tape. May I have a place to purchase this tape? I thank you for your time. Don in Indiana:)

pgerhardt 09-08-2015 03:10 PM

I was contacted by Jim Brand a Ford Barn member who has been pin striping for over 37 years. I think i"ll have him do the striping next spring.

Mitch//pa 09-08-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgerhardt (Post 1153214)
I was contacted by Jim Brand a Ford Barn member who has been pin striping for over 37 years. I think i"ll have him do the striping next spring.

he is the man you want..
i have pics of him pin stripping lucy in my Lucy album

wrndln 09-08-2015 08:05 PM

I have used electrical friction tape and glue it on metal items with contact cement for items I don't want to get the paint chipped, like the spare tire carrier. It is very thin so it can't be seen when the item is installed, but still protects the paint.
Rusty Nelson

Tom Wesenberg 09-08-2015 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pgerhardt (Post 1153214)

Good choice. A nicely painted pinstripe and metal stems on inner tubes sure add a nice finishing touch to the car. The pinstripe is more visible and more important of course.