The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Financial Support for the Barn (Directed to Ryan) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1359)

toddle321 05-12-2010 06:01 PM

Financial Support for the Barn (Directed to Ryan)

The Barn used to be subsidized with voluntary donations, are there any plans to add something similar? Maybe something like the HAMB Alliance where users have the option of paying a fee? I know the software and all of this bandwith isn't free. I get a lot of help from this site, and I'd like to help out.

Joe AZ 05-12-2010 09:33 PM

Re: Financial Support for the Barn (Directed to Ryan)

I agree.........maybe some type of "membership" like the HAMB has, perhaps a firewall tag, or something along that line, to help support the cause. This site has been a huge help in my flathead project! Joe

Ryan 05-12-2010 09:36 PM

We might do an Alliance type thing later on, but I don't want the site to focus on dough at all... just old fords... ya'll let me worry about the money.

Scott H 05-13-2010 02:52 AM

Mustangs & More does a voluntary donation thing via PayPal. No amount is asked, no amount suggested, no 'membership drive' as in PBS television. Just a nifty way for the members to say 'thanks' and give back a little bit for all the benefits received.

Lawson Cox 05-13-2010 07:55 AM

Hey Ryan, it is spelled Y'all, not ya'll. If you are going to speak "Southern", you need to know how to spell it. LOL

G.M. 05-13-2010 08:13 AM

Hey Lawson, spell check say's it's yaw'l. G.m.

Cecil/WV 05-13-2010 08:16 AM

How about you'ns!

JM 35 Sedan 05-13-2010 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lawson Cox (Post 6475)
Hey Ryan, it is spelled Y'all, not ya'll. If you are going to speak "Southern", you need to know how to spell it. LOL

Hey Lawson, Doesn't it depend on which part of the USA you are from as to how you say "you all"? I also hear the saying "all y'all" . Is that just plural for y'all or is that some other dialect? LOL Just wondering, since I will need to brush up on my southern speaking habits before coming down to the Charlotte-Concord EFV8C/A Meet in late June. Hope to see...... "you all", "ya'all", "y'all", and "all y'all" ....while I'm down there :) JM

4dFord/SC 05-13-2010 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cecil/WV (Post 6490)
How about you'ns!

Along with "we'uns," I think that's used more up in the mountains.

TomT/Williamsburg 05-13-2010 01:25 PM

Man, I can see a nice Fordbarn Alliance tag that emulates our new logo on my 32 firewall !!!!

PeteVS 05-13-2010 02:20 PM

I was taught that if you're addressing more than one person, it's "Y'all y'all." Being from New Jersey, I may very well be dead wrong there, however!

Ford46 05-13-2010 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 6276)
We might do an Alliance type thing later on, but I don't want the site to focus on dough at all... just old fords... ya'll let me worry about the money.

Thanks Ryan, we are just a bunch of very sick (addicted to Ford flatheads) people, some of us are old and trying to get by on fixed incomes. Seriously, thank you for all your efforts. I think this thread is a nice response of how people feel about what you have done. LouB.

36tbird 05-14-2010 01:37 PM

Pete, please don't take this wrong but I just gotta ask. Why is your avatar a stingray on this forum?:confused:

AZAV8 05-14-2010 09:34 PM

Quote:

Ryan,
We could do auctions of "goodies" like on the HAMB, with the proceeds going to you to support the Ford Barn. That way the participants get to donate a desirable part, like a set of aluminium heads, it gets auctioned off to someone who is the winning bidder and the Ford Barn gets the money. It helps out the HAMB, why not here?

Ryan, how much does it help you on the HAMB?

I'll help keep this site strictly Old Fords as that will carry on the "tradition".

Phil
AKA AZAV8

1932C 05-14-2010 10:31 PM

Quote:

I like this attitude/thinking.

Stan/MO. 05-14-2010 10:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah, Mama said there'll be days like this....But she didn't say there'd be so damned many in a row.

PeteVS 05-15-2010 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 36tbird (Post 7501)
Pete, please don't take this wrong but I just gotta ask. Why is your avatar a stingray on this forum?:confused:

That's my "four window coupe." When I get a Ford to a photogenic state, I'll change it.

dudley32 05-15-2010 06:26 PM

just let us know..Ryan and thanks..d32