The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   exhaust manifolds (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289346)

alanwoodieman 10-28-2020 12:19 PM

exhaust manifolds

4 Attachment(s)
found two exhaust manifolds--one I know is Ford-what does it fit
second one says made in Ca-where did it come from

flatford8 10-28-2020 12:36 PM

Re: exhaust manifolds

The first one looks like a left manifold for a dual exhaust on a Shoebox......Mark

alanwoodieman 10-28-2020 03:50 PM

the one with the fomoco cast into it is an EAB? 52/53? the first one is an after market creation. I will try to get some better pictures.

flatford8 10-28-2020 05:50 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I think these are the same style manifolds......Mark

alanwoodieman 10-28-2020 05:56 PM

yes, I think it is the same type for 49/51 dual exhaust-kind of strange the different lettering from ca on the same manifold

tubman 10-28-2020 08:09 PM

I really like the aftermarket "speed parts" with California locations cast into them. Obviously there is the Eddie Meyer stuff with "Hollywood" cast in. I also have a Navarro Universal dual intake manifold with "Inglewood" cast into it. I think I might change the Fenton cast iron headers on my '51 for a set of these.

alanwoodieman 10-28-2020 09:21 PM

if it was a set, I have a friend who would talk me out of them! anybody have the other manifold for a set?

tubman 10-28-2020 09:32 PM

Actually, I don't think they came as a "set". They made caps for the front of the passenger side exhaust manifold. If you look at a stock 8BA passenger side exhaust manifold, it looks like it would flow pretty well (probably better than the "center outlet" custom manifolds shown). Short of a "Fenton-style" header, I don't think there is any improvement in flow to be had on the passenger side.

Anyway, most people agree that duals on a flathead are more for sound than performance..

Newc 10-28-2020 10:45 PM

Maybe a "Police" dual set up- Drake even made a few, also there is a different left dual for 52-53. Newc

flatford8 10-29-2020 07:26 AM

I got the right one on my motor from Shoebox-Central and the left from Drake. No block off plates although I agree the right side would flow fine with the crossover blocked at the front of it. The unpainted one came from a member here, to be used on my Fordor eventually......Mark

blucar 10-29-2020 11:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I ran a muffler shop in Eastern Idaho in the early/mid fifties. We were dealers for most of the well known performance equipment, two of which were Douglas and Belond. The Douglas line was mufflers and dual exhaust systems. The left hand manifold that Douglas made looked a lot better than the capped of stock manifold, however, very few people opted for the added cost of a new manifold in lieu of a flat plate and gasket. Belond was headers only.
Douglas made split manifolds for the Chevy/Plym six, we generally spit our own manifolds for the inline engines.

JSeery 10-29-2020 12:54 PM

Love the ashtray!