The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   PCV For ARDUN (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297438)

Ardun 04-17-2021 02:08 PM

PCV For ARDUN

Anybody put a PCV Valve on an ARDUN converted 8ba Flathead? How did you do it without destroying the original intake cover or valve covers?

Tom

Ronnieroadster 04-17-2021 02:23 PM

Re: PCV For ARDUN

Tom I run a PCV on my ARDUN I located it in the valley cover just in front of where the stock fuel pump mount is located. My valley cover is home made and the PCV I used was threaded on the cover end so I just added the thread and screwed it in place. You could do it the same way on the original ARDUN valley cover the threaded hole is not big in other words no destruction of the original cover is needed.
Ronnieroadster

Ardun 04-17-2021 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ronnieroadster (Post 2008131)
Tom I run a PCV on my ARDUN I located it in the valley cover just in front of where the stock fuel pump mount is located. My valley cover is home made and the PCV I used was threaded on the cover end so I just added the thread and screwed it in place. You could do it the same way on the original ARDUN valley cover the threaded hole is not big in other words no destruction of the original cover is needed.
Ronnieroadster

Thanks. Seals arrived, thank you. Are your using an 8ba block? Any pics?

Ronnieroadster 04-17-2021 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ardun (Post 2008227)
Thanks. Seals arrived, thank you. Are your using an 8ba block? Any pics?

My block is a 59A but the same idea will work on the 8BA using the valley cover. I will try and get a picture.

Ardun 04-17-2021 09:41 PM

Thanks. My concern in the different crankcase venting on the 8ba

flatrod 04-18-2021 10:18 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is how I did mine. Its a home made valley cover, well a lot of home made parts.

Ardun 04-18-2021 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatrod (Post 2008353)
Here is how I did mine. Its a home made valley cover, well a lot of home made parts.

Nice. More detail?

flatrod 04-18-2021 05:02 PM

Austin blower manifold, I intend to put a blower on it, but made the 3x2 to run without the blower. The PVC valve is as I remember is slant 6 because it was the smallest I could find to fit where I have it. Its all a tight fit. There is a baffle under the valley cover so it don't suck up oil. Still have to put a filler/vent pipe in the back of the valley cover. I have a original valley cover but it gets in the way of everything, so I made up a new one.

Ronnieroadster 04-18-2021 05:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Heres how I did my PCV installation it screws into the home made valley cover follow down the copper tubing to see it. Also located off the copper tubing is the engine vacuum gauge. Everything else for the Large SCOT blower assembly is also home made your typical back yard Hot Rod project. As I wrote previously Tom there's no difference between the 59A or 8BA when it comes to venting the crankcase in our applications.
Ronnieroadster