The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Where Do You Find Your Ford Parts (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288437)

billybronco1 10-09-2020 07:11 PM

Where Do You Find Your Ford Parts

Thought I already posted this but it disappeared, maybe its against the rules. Working on my list of flathead parts distributors, seems to be limited compared to Model A. Can you add any to my list that you like?

Mac's
Early Ford Store
Third Gen
Mid West Early Ford

bmwillia 10-09-2020 07:33 PM

Re: Where Do You Find Your Ford Parts

CW Moss are really good to deal with.
C&G Ford
Van Pelt Sales has Engine and Tranny parts

Zeke3 10-09-2020 08:25 PM

Southside Obsolete
Joe's Antique Auto; Uxbridge, MA

Brian 10-09-2020 08:44 PM

Gotham City
reds headers

Aarongriffey 10-09-2020 09:04 PM

I always call C&G first. In 20 plus years they have never issed me off.
They know the cars, they get the parts out and they are all nice to talk to and deal with.
And if you’re lucky you might get to talk to Dorothy, the owner.

51504bat 10-09-2020 09:28 PM

Another vote for Joe's

DavidG 10-10-2020 10:04 AM

Third Gen Automotive, McMinnville, TN, hands down.

TJ 10-10-2020 10:50 AM

Third Gen Automotive and C and G Ford Parts.

Teltruck 10-10-2020 12:08 PM

Another vote for Joe’s in Uxbridge! Very honest!!
Bob

JSeery 10-10-2020 12:36 PM

This really depends on what you are looking for! NOS or Repro parts or rebuild. Also, a lot of people specialize in just one or a few parts or items, such as distributors, carbs, fuel pumps, transmissions, radiators, heaters, gauges, shocks, tires, cams, condensers, coils, water pumps, wiring, etc. Then it depends on what you want to end up with, something functional, something original, something period correct, Hot Rod, etc. So IMO there is not A source for parts, but many, many sources. You about have to ask on an item by item basis.

tubman 10-10-2020 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSeery (Post 1940241)
This really depends on what you are looking for! NOS or Repro parts or rebuild. Also, a lot of people specialize in just one or a few parts or items, such as distributors, carbs, fuel pumps, transmissions, radiators, heaters, gauges, shocks, tires, cams, condensers, coils, water pumps, etc. Then it depends on what you want to end up with, something functional, something original, something period correct, Hot Rod, etc. So IMO there is not A source for parts, but many, many sources. You about have to ask on an item by item basis.

You are, of course, right, but this is still a reasonable topic for a thread. When I was just getting into this, I wish I had run across something like this. I would have ended up with a lot less parts from Mac's Auto Parts.:D

JSeery 10-10-2020 12:46 PM

Yep, Mac's wouldn't be on my list!

Frank Miller 10-10-2020 01:23 PM

Sometimes it depends on what you are looking for. If you want earlier parts the Joe's and 3rd Gen have good reviews. I've gotten later parts from them too but some stuff I go to Shoebox Central because they know those cars. I'm putting together an engine and I am buying from an engine builder. The parts he sells me are what he installs and guarantees. Sometimes location makes a difference but in the end it is about what kind of support you can expect from the guy selling you the parts. All the names I have mentioned have provided such.

In spite of criticism they may get at times Carpenter and Drakes are both supporters of the V8 Club. I know, 3rd Gen is too. I personally think that the club has brought enough like minded people together to make reproducing some of these parts feasible. Many different factors come into play when purchasing parts and sometimes it does not hurt to spread it out a little.

Kube 10-10-2020 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidG (Post 1940150)
Third Gen Automotive, McMinnville, TN, hands down.

Yes sir!

KiWinUS 10-10-2020 05:05 PM

All in with Kube. Gets no better.

Aarongriffey 10-10-2020 05:30 PM

Hi, thanks for your order 9 days ago.
We are processing it today.

Too bad, they have a really nice catalog though.

russcc 10-10-2020 06:39 PM

Fred Wilner, SSO, first for NOS, Dennis Carpenter, Joe's for quick repop, 3rd gen for certain stuff, Van Pelt, Reds, and never Macs or Drake.

1948F-1Pickup 10-12-2020 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russcc (Post 1940339)
Fred Wilner, SSO, first for NOS, Dennis Carpenter, Joe's for quick repop, 3rd gen for certain stuff, Van Pelt, Reds, and never Macs or Drake.

A 3rd vote for Fred W @ Southside. Awesome for NOS. I was told years ago not to piss him off though...... in general I strive not to do that anyway ;)

Clem Clement 10-12-2020 04:15 PM

Bratton's has mostly Model A parts, but some parts interchange.

Karl 10-12-2020 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSeery (Post 1940244)
Yep, Mac's wouldn't be on my list!

Amen to that!