The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Questions & Suggestions (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How Do You Report Spam and other inappropriate posts? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21)

Ryan 05-06-2010 07:42 AM

How Do You Report Spam and other inappropriate posts?

We shouldn't have nearly as much spam on this forum, but we will get some. If you see a spam post, just report it and we will delete it right away. To report a post, find the "report" button. It looks like this:

http://69.61.21.195/forum/hamb/buttons/report.gif

This is also a handy tool for reporting other kinds of inappropriate posts as well... You know, drama and what not...

popcorn-guy 03-27-2011 11:28 AM

Re: How Do You Report Spam and other inappropriate posts?

There has been one part of the FB that, imho, should be addressed. That being when one posts something for sale, the heading that one clicks onto should state the price, especially if it is a single piece vs having to open it up to only find that it is beyond ones interest due to it being over priced. Those with muiltiple pieces in one post, it then should be stated multiple. Understandable. Instead posters are, under Price, simply stating "in ad". Imho it's an effort to avoid having their post avoided due to over pricing. If evaluated, it is done by those that are "in business" and post numerous individual parts. Add to it, the "btt" & "ttt" feature and the page beomes cumbersome.

Perhaps there should be a feature that would allow a "commercial" recognition and allow/require those in business the opportunity to have that distinction and post it's significance on their posting. Better yet, a page for those who fall under such a system to have their own for sale page exclusively which would assure them of being read and just use a time limitation of a set number of days, i.e., 90 -120 days.

I feel everyone should have a fair shot at posting, but when it is being abused then the site becomes degraded and less useful. If there any "posting rules" perhaps they should be made more visible as I've not been able to locate them. Part of the issue??

Thank you for your time and consideration.

ford3 11-25-2012 01:27 PM

i must be dim because i cant find the report button, while im here there is another one in here, just below bill w post on banning, its about Brad Pitt

ford3 11-25-2012 01:28 PM

ok i found the report button, but i have already posted about it

ken ct 12-08-2012 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ford3 (Post 540921)
ok i found the report button, but i have already posted about it

Who is this clown that keeps putting up movie stuff and signs ques.+ answers???????? all spam ken ct.:(

Ross/Kzoo 10-22-2013 01:55 PM

How can we keep private messages like from happening. I think that it's from "MrAlternator".

Quote:

Originally Posted by pattyteddy
learn to shut the fu up and stop running your mouth about bs you have no idea about, maybe someone will shut it for you, your obviously to ignorant and uneducated to even speak of anything auto electric related, so leave people alone when they talk about there cars and if they have an alternator on it, NO ONE gives a fu about your stupid opinion , if you would shut up , maybe someone would think you actually knew what your talking about

Bruce Remington 02-22-2021 03:32 PM

I have a radiator for sale and I got a reply I suspect is a scam would like to remove the ad Thanks Bruce Remington

redmodelt 02-22-2021 06:50 PM

Would help if you did not post your email in the ad for everyone to see (or phone number). As far as removing, contact Ryan or edit your ad and remove the email.