The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model T (1909-1927) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mid atlantic pre war swap meet luray (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=298416)

Wick 05-11-2021 04:21 AM

Mid atlantic pre war swap meet luray

This Friday and Saturday in Luray Va. Is the 7th Mid Atlantic pre war swap meet.
Tons of T part's! If you need T parts don't miss this event.
It's over at noon on Saturday.
Google Mid Atlantic pre war swap meet for more information.

Mountain Dew 05-11-2021 01:14 PM

Re: Mid atlantic pre war swap meet luray

I hope this pipeline fuel scare doesn't mess thing up. I am really looking forward to going.

mhsprecher 05-11-2021 04:30 PM

There shouldn't be any problems with gas supply, although the prices may have gone up a bit. Hopefully they will be back on line in a few days. Otherwise, bring your electric car!

JoeBauer 05-11-2021 06:20 PM

Luray... be there or be square.

Wick 05-13-2021 04:02 AM

I drove from williamsburg to Richmond yesterday. You can find gas.
Everyone has diesel.

mhsprecher 05-13-2021 07:42 PM

"Everyone has diesel."

Good for those who use diesel.

My Ford Focus goes 330 miles on a tank, or so it tells me. I had half a tank, so I figured I had better go out with the rest of the knuckleheads and fill up so I could get to Luray and back (200 miles). The first station I went to (Shell) was out. I was heading to Costco when I passed a Sunoco with a few cars waiting, so I went there. Price was 2.79, so not gouging. When I got to the pump, there was a box truck on the other side and the gas was barely coming out of the pump. It took me five minutes to get half a gallon. When the guy with the box truck finished, I got normal flow. I have never experienced that before. Turns out Costco was all out anyway, so I was lucky. I only needed about 7 gallons to fill my tank, so between all my antique cars, I figured I could get that much if I needed to go that route. Thankfully, I didn't need to.

I am glad the pipeline is flowing again, but it will take a few days to replenish.

jak 05-14-2021 03:50 PM

anybody go to this meet today? Were there any model a parts to be had? Thinking about taking a road trip in the morning to see what is left.

JoeBauer 05-14-2021 06:06 PM

Maybe someone who went could post some pictures...

mhsprecher 05-14-2021 06:54 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Mostly Model T parts. There was a Model A chassis and a cabriolet for sale and some vendors had A parts. There are some pics on another thread. I will post mine, but they are not very informative.

Clem Clement 05-14-2021 11:33 PM

What a great day with the Model Ters. 50+ dealers and parts every where. Plenty of dogs everywhere wanting our tasty egg sandwiches. Good to see you Milford. Task for chatting with Skip an hearing about his '22 T touring.
There was a guy with 3 ???(Drug?). A strap in a roll which installed between the axles and the car body ?? Whazit?? Something abut holding the car together in big bumps???
Clem

Clem Clement 05-15-2021 07:02 AM

I have some pictures but don't know how to post.
Clem

stevests 05-16-2021 10:13 AM

Sounds like you're describing a "rebound" shock absorber - Hassler, Gabriel, Ford & others put out such a contraption.

mhsprecher 05-16-2021 11:20 AM

Stevests, I think you have it. I wasn't perceptive enough to figure out what in the world he was talking about. There were some Hassler or other shots for sale there.

Clem Clement 05-16-2021 09:53 PM

I have a photo of them. I'll send them to you Milford

mhsprecher 05-17-2021 06:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the pic Clem sent. Not Hassler "shocks". Look like canisters of some sort. I do not know what they are.

emf 05-18-2021 06:52 AM

If you are describing the 3 items on the trailer fender, they look like either Gabriel or Watson 'snubbers'. Shock absorbers.

Frank

Clem Clement 05-21-2021 11:23 PM

Thanks guys. That dealer had some fine stuff!! I bought a "Railroad engineers oiling can:
The long snout kind to reach side rod bearings. Funny though, the diameter of the can was extra big and it had no handle! Also a neato hammer with a smashed head. We had a great time. No lies were retold...

Wick 05-23-2021 04:04 AM

How did miss each other Clem? Your crew stopped by and said hello,
Wick

mercman from oz 05-24-2021 10:42 PM

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...p;d=1621036415
Model T's at recent Mid Atlantic Swap Meet