The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Angle floor panel replacement (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254894)

sjhark 11-17-2018 09:58 AM

Angle floor panel replacement

I'm replacing my rotted out angled floor panel. Can anyone tell me if there is a trick to removing the two side rivets to remove the panel? Do I need to remove the angle panel with the rear front seat riser as an assembly and then cut the rivets once I have it out? Are there any spot welds? I did find a couple on the edges where the angle panel and the seat riser meet. Thank you for any help!

sjhark 11-18-2018 03:20 PM

Re: Angle floor panel replacement

Since I seemed to have stumped everyone with this question, here's what I discovered. By the way, this is on a 31 Roadster. You can access the two rivets (one on each end of the front seat rear riser) either from underneath the car or by removing the seat riser/ angle floor panel as an assembly. If you plan on replacing the curtain pan, removing the rear riser will help access the rivets that fasten the curtain pan to the cross brace.

Bob C 11-18-2018 03:43 PM

What stumped me was I couldn't picture what part you were talking about.
Can you post a picture?

Bob

Synchro909 11-18-2018 04:29 PM

Would the "angled floor panel" you speak of be what we call the "toe board" or "foot board"? That is, the sloping part of the floor between the horizontal floor and the firewall?

jw hash 11-18-2018 05:23 PM

he is talking the front trunk floor pan, that goes up at an angle and connects to the rear of the seat riser. on them two rivets I ground them out and cheated by using some of the head light rivets that are bolts and nuts. it is pretty tough to get to them with out taking things apart.

sjhark 11-18-2018 05:59 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of what I was talking about. I used the names from the parts catalogs, as I'm not sure what other names the panels all have. Synchro909, the angle panel could probably be called a toe board for the rumble seat, if that helps. The first pic shows a top view of the front seat rear riser(on the left) and the angle panel attached to the riser. The backrest of the front seat sits on the riser and rumble passenger's feet would rest on the angle panel. The next pic shows the offending rivet on the side of the riser, one on each side. The final pic shows the angle panel flange that is riveted and spot welded to the back of the riser. Since I will probably replace my curtain pan, I decided the easiest route to doing both panels would be to remove the riser and the panels.Attachment 380344

Attachment 380345

Attachment 380346