The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Marvel's Mystery Oil (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269160)

Werner 09-08-2019 02:45 PM

Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

Good evening, I use with visible success (combustion residues dissolve softly) Marvel's Mysterys Oil. Now I've heard that this fuel additive in California is not allowed due to health concerns (bad cancer ingredients?).

I think that's a rumor?

JBill 09-08-2019 03:28 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

Probably true, likely because it defeats the purpose of emissions controls, and California is pretty sensitive about such things! Here in my part of Indiana we have emissions testing, and I would not put MMO in any vehicle that had to pass our tests. I do use stuff like Seafoam, but I don't think it adds any particulates to the exhaust. Notice I say "probably true," because this is all speculation on my part.

barkleydave 09-08-2019 03:59 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

Well just another reason to stay the heck out of CA!!

prpmmp 09-08-2019 04:19 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by barkleydave (Post 1796945)
Well just another reason to stay the heck out of CA!!

Yea!! Who in their right mind wants clean air:eek: Pete

Railcarmover 09-08-2019 04:30 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

I live in the peoples republic,and I can buy mmo by the gallon if if I desire..or just mix mineral spirits and ATF,like they do.

J Franklin 09-08-2019 04:31 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werner (Post 1796911)
Good evening, I use with visible success (combustion residues dissolve softly) Marvel's Mysterys Oil. Now I've heard that this fuel additive in California is not allowed due to health concerns (bad cancer ingredients?).

I think that's a rumor?

Or fear mongering! MMO has probably contributed greatly to clean air by keeping engines running stronger and longer. I use it and it works for me. I worry more about the Pacific ocean and japan's never ending radiation spill!

Anteek29 09-08-2019 04:33 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

I can still buy MMO here in CA.

Y-Blockhead 09-08-2019 04:48 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by barkleydave (Post 1796945)
Well just another reason to stay the heck out of CA!!

Believe me. We wish people would not come to California and the ones that did move here would leave... :p:p

Patrick L. 09-08-2019 04:49 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

Its always been a mystery to me that folks marvel at this product.

But if its banned in California then its probably something that works and now worth looking into more seriously.

arnhemmer 09-08-2019 05:15 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

It is a rumor. Use it all the time here in San Jose Ca.

History 09-08-2019 05:22 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

I absolutely love California, it is a beautiful place where you could snow ski in the morning and surf in the afternoon. The place is on my mind all the time, seriously. I love the NC mountains but I hate and I do mean HATE the humidity here. I want to live in California so bad but the people who have control of the state make sure I will not anytime soon.

Mmo is good stuff.

Y-Blockhead 09-08-2019 05:38 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick L. (Post 1796970)
But if its banned in California then its probably something that works and now worth looking into more seriously.

Marvel Mystery Oil is NOT banned in California. If it was, Amazon and other retailers would not be able to ship it here. Amazon will not let you complete an order for something that is banned here.

rotorwrench 09-08-2019 05:52 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

It's been used for years on the A & C series Continental engines for the old light single engine airplanes. It would keep the valves from sticking and reduce problems with the higher lead content of 100LL Avgas. Valve problems went away using it back in the 40s. It works well enough in all the various flathead engines as well. It has to be used properly in aircraft engines though. A few folks that have put too much in have payed a high price. Some folks think that more is always better but the stuff isn't fuel.

Patrick L. 09-08-2019 06:03 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by History (Post 1796985)
I absolutely love California, it is a beautiful place where you could snow ski in the morning and surf in the afternoon. The place is on my mind all the time, seriously. I love the NC mountains but I hate and I do mean HATE the humidity here. I want to live in California so bad but the people who have control of the state make sure I will not anytime soon.

Mmo is good stuff.



I feel the same about the state. Its kinda like NYS, both states are beautiful and have some great people. But governed, well, I not going to get political.

ETAModel 09-08-2019 08:54 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

My father always said Marvel Mystery Oil would mend anything from a Ferris wheel to a Broken Heart!!

California Travieso 09-08-2019 08:58 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick L. (Post 1797004)
I feel the same about the state. Its kinda like NYS, both states are beautiful and have some great people. But governed, well, I not going to get political.

All I'm going to say is it's governed the way WE like it.

David Serrano

Pmsqrd 09-08-2019 09:44 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

I had a dear friend who swore by MMO. He used it in his 41 Fordor fro 40 years and never had a valve problem. In fact his car is still running the stuff under his son's care. I use it in all three of my A's with the same results. Just bought some last week here in CA without a problem.

TerryH 09-08-2019 10:27 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

A good part of the population of California came from somewhere else....would be nice if more swore not to come here.....
And I have never heard of MMO being banned here....not sure where that got started!

The Master Cylinder 09-08-2019 11:18 PM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

MMO makes the garage smell good when you use it in your air tools.

Railcarmover 09-09-2019 07:59 AM

Re: Marvel's Mystery Oil
 

And if it smells good it has to be good..hell that stuff looks good too,don't know if you want to dump a few glugs in every tank fulla gas however.

How about Nancy's nephew Gavin running in 2024 for Trumps job? Californicate the whole nation..


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.