The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Van pelt Sales (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=291800)

Wooden Shoe 12-19-2020 12:50 AM

Van pelt Sales

Hello new guy here first post

After building several brand X cars I have decided my next project will be a flathead. I ordered 2 books from Vanpelts and after not receiving for 4 weeks I called them and they immediately sent out another order which I received after a few days. I did receive the original order 6 weeks after it was sent which I returned to them. Good people, great customer service. They will be my go to supplier when I need flathead parts.

JSeery 12-19-2020 01:26 AM

Re: Van pelt Sales

There are several outstanding vendors here on the Barn, and Mac is one of them. Always willing to share knowledge and provide honest service!

J Franklin 12-19-2020 01:27 AM

Let the fun commence! Thanks for a positive heads up. Oh yeah, welcome.

corvette8n 12-19-2020 09:24 AM

The post office seems to have a hit or miss attitude regarding books, I’ve had a book shipment languish in a Mass. p.o. For two weeks before it made the hundred mile journey to my house. I’m waiting on a singe book shipment that has been at that p.o. for several days.

Tim Ayers 12-19-2020 09:25 AM

Mac & Shelly are top notch!

51504bat 12-19-2020 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooden Shoe (Post 1964397)
Hello new guy here first post

After building several brand X cars I have decided my next project will be a flathead. I ordered 2 books from Vanpelts and after not receiving for 4 weeks I called them and they immediately sent out another order which I received after a few days. I did receive the original order 6 weeks after it was sent which I returned to them. Good people, great customer service. They will be my go to supplier when I need flathead parts.

Welcome aboard. A couple of things. 1. Mac of Van Pelt Sales isn't the same as Macs Antique Auto Parts which is owned by Ecklers. 2. There are some very good suppliers out there and everyone has their favorites. As time goes by you'll come up with your own. My go to vendor is Joe's Antique Auto in Uxbridge, MA. After Joe in no particular order I use C&G in Escondido, CA, The Early Ford Store in San Dimas, CA, Red's Headers in Chiraco Summit, CA and Dennis Carpenter in North Carolina. But there are other very good vendors as well as the couple I've referred to.

1931 flamingo 12-19-2020 09:46 AM

My son in St Louis got our Thanksgiving card last week! ! He's still waiting on the box of Christmas presents my Wife sent about a week and a half ago.
Paul in CT

Tim Ayers 12-19-2020 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1931 flamingo (Post 1964461)
My son in St Louis got our Thanksgiving card last week! ! He's still waiting on the box of Christmas presents my Wife sent about a week and a half ago.
Paul in CT

I keep hearing stories like this, Paul. I guess it's where you live. We have a PO branch near my home in Essex Fells, NJ. We call it Candyland for it looks like a little gingerbread house. The employees are always nice and pleasant.

We use this branch exclusively for, I have no idea why, items get to where they need to go 1-2 days faster when you mail from this branch. Plus, having friendly banter with the employees makes it a pleasure.

5851a 12-19-2020 10:04 AM

The Wife ordered a roll of stamps online from USPS on the 9th and notified they were sent on the 11th. Still waiting.

dono50 12-19-2020 10:07 AM

Joe’s antique auto is my “go to vendor” . Been trading there for years, fast service, honest shipping costs, friendly service and an extensive inventory.

geoford41 12-19-2020 06:39 PM

Joe's is the best, honest, fair prices and tells you if he cannot get something in a reasonable time. My go to guy

Lawson Cox 12-19-2020 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSeery (Post 1964403)
There are several outstanding vendors here on the Barn, and Mac is one of them. Always willing to share knowledge and provide honest service!

Yes, and Mac has a pretty wife too. (I just couldn't pass up an opportunity like this Shelly. Sorry Mac.) I hope all is well with both of you. I'm gonna get up a list of the transmission parts I have for sale "any day now". LOL. Lawson

JWL 12-19-2020 08:07 PM

I know a couple of things about a couple of things and Van Pelt is class "A".

JSeery 12-19-2020 08:25 PM

AND, Mac provides a ton of information on his site as well as here on the Barn.

john in illinois 12-20-2020 08:09 AM

Besides Mac,don't forget 3rd gen automotive. He has a wealth of NOS and other parts.

https://thirdgenauto.com/

John

HD 12-20-2020 08:49 AM

I do a lot of shipping through the Post Office, you can ship any type of reading material MEDIA MAIL ,it is a lot cheaper than parcel post or first class but it goes lowest priority and takes a lot longer

RKS.PA 12-20-2020 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Ayers (Post 1964454)
Mac & Shelly are top notch!

Absolutely TOP NOTCH!!!....and some of us "older people" here remember that Miss Shelly a.k.a. The Model A Lady, originated the Ford Barn website....for which I am eternally grateful!!:):)

Frank Miller 12-20-2020 10:15 AM

Brattons, a Model a vendor, issued a statement that they wee suspending USPS shipments because they have been so unreliable as of late. A friend with a mail order business just had to eat 200 in shipping fees because she went to UPS due to customer complaints.
BRATTONS: Due to unsurpassed Holiday shipping volumes now combining with COVID19 volumes, Bratton’s has decided to suspend all USPS domestics shipping options. Bratton’s has always been committed to quality in both our parts and our shipping providers. At this time due to the overwhelming volumes the USPS is unable to meet our expectations on acceptable delivery times. We are now noticing that Priority Mail packages are taking anywhere from 7-21 days to get delivered. This decision was not made lightly as we realize that some smaller orders are better shipped this way, but as a shipper we must make sure the packages get delivered in a timely manner.
Also, during this time FedEx has removed all day definite guarantees from all Next Day Air, 2 Day Air, Express (3day air), and ground services. We have been working closely with FedEx and monitoring the delivery times for our shipments and it seems that some are getting delayed by 1-2 days. Just remember the closer to Christmas and New Year’s we get, the longer it may take to receive your package.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.

mhsprecher 12-20-2020 10:21 AM

I got a package from USPS yesterday morning first thing from California, priority mail, that had been mailed four days before. Not two days, as they advertise, but still reasonable given the season.

Pete/Ct. 12-20-2020 11:16 AM

I use Joe's and Third Gen. Never a problem, rather they are the solution. Would highly reccomend them to all. Also Vic at Reds Headers, solved a problem immediately.