The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Still no Tom (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258882)

Dan/Kzo 02-07-2019 06:59 PM

Still no Tom

Been almost 2 months I think. Has anyone corresponded with Tom Wesenberg? Don’t remember his trips being this long with surfacing here on the board. Doesn’t seem right.

SteveB31 02-07-2019 09:27 PM

Re: Still no Tom

I spoke with him a few weeks ago. He was in Arizona buying a car and visiting family. He was headed home and was going to stop and see me on his way home, but he never stopped by.

Steve @ Bert’s

Minnesota Denny 02-07-2019 09:35 PM

The last i heard from tom he was fine. Received forwarded email jokes from him but no comment about what he is doing.

jm29henry 02-07-2019 10:33 PM

It is so awesome that we look out for one another this one of the best part of this forum

Cool Hand Lurker 02-08-2019 11:54 AM

Hey, no problem. Tom is a Minnesotan. It is winter. When the snow and below zero temps hit we just tend to disappear until about April. One day he will probably just stick his head up through a snowbank, shake it off, and say "So how ya doin' den dere?"

ronn 02-08-2019 12:18 PM

I appreciate his wisdom in solving problems.............

Smooth_One 02-08-2019 01:36 PM

Huh yeah I have also noticed his absence.

Big hammer 02-08-2019 07:31 PM

I had heard that he connected with an old classmate of the opposite sex, keeping warm in Arizona would be a plus !

JBill 02-09-2019 10:10 AM

He's probably busy designing another of those fabulous and ingenious Wesenberg tools!

burner31 02-09-2019 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big hammer (Post 1724940)
I had heard that he connected with an old classmate of the opposite sex, keeping warm in Arizona would be a plus !

And she seems to be a very attractive classmate at that........
Tom appears to be enjoying himself.

jm29henry 02-09-2019 04:03 PM

Awesome!!!!

Minnesota Denny 02-10-2019 04:05 PM

Tom says he will be back in a week or so and he will pick up where he left off. So all is well!

Jeff/Illinois 02-10-2019 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burner31 (Post 1725117)
And she seems to be a very attractive classmate at that........
Tom appears to be enjoying himself.

That is funny:p:p:p

mhsprecher 02-10-2019 07:37 PM

Women can get us sidetracked, can't they? It happens to all of us at one time or another. For some guys, it is a regular occurrance.

Tom Wesenberg 02-15-2019 09:29 AM

I'm back home after spending a couple months in Arizona to be with my girlfriend and to buy a nice rust free Buick. On my way home on Tuesday I stopped to visit Bert's in Denver. That's a nice large building Steve is in now, and the parts are well organized. A few containers still have mixed original parts to be sorted, and I bought some nice original hard to find parts. It's hard to imagine so many good original parts in one place, and well worth the stop to visit if you are anywhere close to the Denver area. If you ask Steve to find you some original part, just be patient, as there is much to look through. I'm sure I missed a lot, but I was running out of money, so I was very happy with what I found and bought.

I haven't had a real vacation for about 13 years, and this past two months were the best I could ever have. It's also nice to get out of the brutal Minnesota winters, which last for most of 6 months. Now I have lots of snow to move and lots to catch up with, as I had no computer access while I was gone.

TerryH 02-15-2019 10:47 AM

Glad you were able to get away for some vacation and escape some of that Minnesota winter....and welcome back.....we all missed your presence!

katy 02-15-2019 10:54 AM

Welcome back Tom.

Joop 02-15-2019 12:48 PM

Good to see your back

Next time drop by in Glendale, AZ

Joop

goodcar 02-15-2019 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg (Post 1727143)
I'm back home after spending a couple months in Arizona to be with my girlfriend and to buy a nice rust free Buick. On my way home on Tuesday I stopped to visit Bert's in Denver. That's a nice large building Steve is in now, and the parts are well organized. A few containers still have mixed original parts to be sorted, and I bought some nice original hard to find parts. It's hard to imagine so many good original parts in one place, and well worth the stop to visit if you are anywhere close to the Denver area. If you ask Steve to find you some original part, just be patient, as there is much to look through. I'm sure I missed a lot, but I was running out of money, so I was very happy with what I found and bought.

I haven't had a real vacation for about 13 years, and this past two months were the best I could ever have. It's also nice to get out of the brutal Minnesota winters, which last for most of 6 months. Now I have lots of snow to move and lots to catch up with, as I had no computer access while I was gone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBgQ5ZiphUs

Smooth_One 02-15-2019 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg (Post 1727143)

Welcome back Tom!! You’ve been missed! Hence this post... lol
What year Buick did you pick up? Pictures?
Steve is a great guy to deal with at Bert’s! I’ve talked with him a few times this year already. He is the ONLY parts supplier I try to buy from anymore. He has most everything you could need and very knowledgeable with these cars as you know. I like giving him my money instead of one of the “Bigger” suppliers.
Anyways.. Glad your back safe. Have a great day!