The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   calling all aussies (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249665)

aussie merc 08-14-2018 11:56 PM

calling all aussies

just started a new socal group for aussies as lots of our stuff is unique to aus as was made here in righthand drive also looking for an avatar anyone got an early photo of the gelong plant

Ramjet47 08-15-2018 05:51 AM

Re: calling all aussies

Dear Aussie Merc
I am interested in you idea of an on line Australian group.
I am restoring a 1937 Ford V8 5W Coup’e which is on the final painting stage before engine and gear box re-fitting.
Best regards,
Roger Carter.

48-710 08-15-2018 06:15 AM

G'Day Aussie Merc,
Count me in. I'm currently restoring my '35 roadster.
Regards, Gary

rockfla 08-15-2018 08:24 AM

Can a "American" Aussie Ute owner join?

Hoop 08-15-2018 01:11 PM

While it sounds like a great idea, take a look at how well "social groups" do on the Ford Barn. They really do not get much traction.

You told us you started a group ... but don't tell us the name. That's alright. I found it because I looked for it. Is everyone going to do that? If they are looking for righthand drive muffler bearings, a regular forum search will not turn up anything in the social group. That's a separate social group search ... after you've found out that there is a social group.

I regularly read Aussie posts on the main forum. I almost never look at the social groups. Maybe, never ever.

If you want to try it, do so by all means. Maybe, most of us would prefer you stayed on the main forum so that we could enjoy your posts and so that folks looking for Aussie information could find it without learning all about "social groups" ... note that some of us do well to just log on to the forum.

Anyhow, lots of luck. I'm afraid you'd be more isolated than Kiwirrkurra.

VAN HELSING 08-15-2018 02:52 PM

Aussie Merc,

Yep, another Aussie here in Nuisance Wales ( NSW ) , I'll join up if you can show me how to find it ?

Cheers

Granny 08-15-2018 08:47 PM

I would be interested I am building a 38 ford pickup is more hot rod it will be running an 1951 8BA in it

Karl 08-15-2018 09:29 PM

No need to call the Aussies - You will here them crying after their Wallabies meet the mighty All Blacks on Saturday night -LOL

aussie merc 08-16-2018 05:21 PM

social groups are just that and only survive due to the active participation of their members so join in and make it a success ps karl hate to rain on your parade but if yours was made in rhd good chance an aussie made it at gelong and yes all are welcome

Karl 08-16-2018 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussie merc (Post 1664050)
social groups are just that and only survive due to the active participation of their members so join in and make it a success ps karl hate to rain on your parade but if yours was made in rhd good chance an aussie made it at gelong and yes all are welcome

Nothing wrong with Aussies They're our big brother (except when it comes to any type of sport ! ) I think the Fordors came from Canada complete until the Seaview plant got up and running but certainly the phaetons and roadsters were ex Geelong. Always an interesting discussion with my mates at Bathhurst time when there is the Holden Vz Ford battle and I bring up that the 1934 Ford Phaeton was Holden bodied !

Steve in Denver 08-16-2018 06:35 PM

For those of us who don't want to spend the time LOOKING for it, what is the link?

VAN HELSING 08-16-2018 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Kennedy (Post 1664069)
For those of us who don't want to spend the time LOOKING for it, what is the link?

Make that 2 of us....I can't find it ?

Dave Slater 08-17-2018 09:00 AM

Karl. Where did you get your information that the 34 tourer was a Holden body? Dave

aussie merc 08-17-2018 04:35 PM

link == community /social groups / view all / aussie ford fans .... not that hard if i can do it im about as tech savy as a wombat pen ink and paper where three different+
items when i got sent to school

Karl 08-17-2018 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Slater (Post 1664240)
Karl. Where did you get your information that the 34 tourer was a Holden body? Dave

There was one for sale locally a few years ago which was advertised as an original Holden bodied car. Certainly Holden started off as body builders- I guess the seller could be wrong or it could be a special but looked like every other Tourer I had seen -Karl

Ian NZ 08-17-2018 05:40 PM

As far as I can make out all the different models of the 1932 - 35 Ford V8's were imported from Canada semi built up by Colonial motors N.Z. and the final assembly was accomplished in different Plants in New Zealand and Colonial Motors are still going in N.Z. with Ford Dealerships.
There has been several Geelong built Ford V8's imported privately into N.Z.