The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   S curve radiator hoses, warning . (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=294768)

Shelby-Right 02-20-2021 03:48 PM

S curve radiator hoses, warning .

Hi , we bought some S curve radiator hoses , from a guy called Auliz in Holland or the Netherlands , which cost $99 USD , he sent them and they never made it out of the country and they were returned to him , he would not re-send them and will not re-fund our money less the freight of course :mad:, in some early emails he was quite nasty .and won't reply to e-mails now . Anyway just a warning to members not wanting to get ripped off ,buy a not so honest person . Cheers .

Farley's34 02-20-2021 08:47 PM

Re: S curve radiator hoses, warning .

I bought two sets without a problem.

Tim Ayers 02-20-2021 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farley's34 (Post 1987714)

I did as well.

Angledrive 02-20-2021 09:14 PM

Me two

Shelby-Right 02-20-2021 11:07 PM

I don't know why he won't refund our money ,through paypal , easy enough surely. we bought them by just emailing him , I don't know what went wrong with the freight, it was in the beginning of covid-19 , but he said the hoses were returned to him , I know that this forum won't resolve our problem , Just letting you guys know that there is A person out there selling side valve parts who isn't that Honest . It is pretty hopeless when Aluiz will not reply to e-mails now . He was quick enough to reply on the first e-mail and took our money ok .

51 MERC-CT 02-21-2021 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shelby-Right (Post 1987745)
I don't know why he won't refund our money through , paypal , easy enough surely.

If you bought it on Ebay and have all correspondence with the seller then open a case in Ebay for resolution.

You certainly are not going to get your problem resolved in this forum.

KiWinUS 02-21-2021 07:21 AM

Go to PayPal. Explain situation to them. They will refund your t.

Bored&Stroked 02-21-2021 09:44 AM

I bought a set from him - everything worked out fine with the transaction and they're on my 32.

JM 35 Sedan 02-21-2021 10:19 AM

With a number of well known Fordbarner's reporting a good transaction with this seller in Holland/Netherlands, it makes me wonder what actually happened that caused the OP's reported bad transaction, and why he decided to make this his first posting on Fordbarn. There are at least two sides to every story.....just saying

36and63 02-21-2021 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farley's34 (Post 1987714)

Same here, never any issues with him.

Pat

JayChicago 02-21-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JM 35 Sedan (Post 1987842)
With a number of well know Fordbarner's reporting a good transaction with this seller in Holland/Netherlands, it makes me wonder what actually happened that caused the OP's reported bad transaction, and why he decided to make this his first posting on Fordbarn. There are at least two sides to every story.....just saying

That sounds right to me. Probably more to the story than we know.

Now to another question: Why are all of you buying S curve radiator hoses from a seller in the Netherlands? Is there something special about his hoses?

Angledrive 02-21-2021 03:02 PM

Ya, He spent his good money to have them reproduced and they are excellent.

Bored&Stroked 02-21-2021 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayChicago (Post 1987926)
That sounds right to me. Probably more to the story than we know.

Now to another question: Why are all of you buying S curve radiator hoses from a seller in the Netherlands? Is there something special about his hoses?

When you put a later flathead in a 32 - the lower water pump connections are quite a bit lower than an original 32 engine (actually below the cross-member).

The nicely formed "S-Hoses" are a perfect fit to pickup the lower outlets on the radiator and then route over the cross-member and down to the location of the later water pumps.

In the old days I used to go to auto parts stores and dig through their hoses to find some I could cut up - this can work well (especially if you happen to know the part number!).

Anybody have a good part number for someplace like NAPA?

papanomad 02-21-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked (Post 1987930)
When you put a later flathead in a 32 - the lower water pump connections are quite a bit lower than an original 32 engine (actually below the cross-member).

The nicely formed "S-Hoses" are a perfect fit to pickup the lower outlets on the radiator and then route over the cross-member and down to the location of the later water pumps.

In the old days I used to go to auto parts stores and dig through their hoses to find some I could cut up - this can work well (especially if you happen to know the part number!).

Anybody have a good part number for someplace like NAPA?

gates 20151 worked for me on av8 application.

John R 02-21-2021 06:19 PM

The 20151 hoses are 49-51 Ford lower hoses. They work well in some 32 installations - where the needed outlet/inlet offset is about 1.5" or so.

Shelby-Right 02-22-2021 12:20 AM

No there isn't Jaychicago , he has the hoses and our money , Full stop.

john in illinois 02-22-2021 09:39 AM

He has a good reputation on the HAMB. Almost 3,000 likes.

John

35cab 02-22-2021 06:10 PM

I can only say that my cousin and I have bought his hoses and were very pleased with them and the service.
I hope you get your problem resolved.
Gordon.

Farley's34 02-22-2021 07:23 PM

Shelby-Right is a new member and this is his only post. Think about it...

FHFD 02-22-2021 07:46 PM

@Auliz