The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Re 62nd New England Meet (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251957)

Bob Bidonde 09-24-2018 09:24 AM

Re 62nd New England Meet

The 62nd New England Meet in Lake George, New York put-on by the Adirondack A's was a great opportunity to meet with friends I do not often have an opportunity to see. Lots of interesting Model A's took part. The Adirondack A's did a great job hosting the meet. The "tailgate parties" by the Model A Ford Club of Long Island were really good.

All else about the meet was very well done by "The Marked Man" and his team of Adirondack A members. I won the the table centerpiece, the Otwell Heater and Leakless Water Pump. The centerpiece is a Model A instrument panel with faux gauges and switch on a stand, and it looks great! My wife Kathy won the barbecue set and the heart shaped fireplace screen.

Torrential rains from Florence on the 18th, and my wife's concerns about the reliability of our freshly restored Victoria made it necessary to go from Long Island to Lake George by Toyota instead of by Model A. However next year we will be driving our Victoria to Hancock in Western Massachusetts for the 63rd New England Meet.

Doug Linden 09-24-2018 08:51 PM

Re: Re 62nd New England Meet

6 Attachment(s)
The 62 New England Meet was a success and our thanks go to mark and the entire Adirondack A's club. We had a great time meeting old and new friends at the meet. I believe there were almost 200 registrations and about 130 Model A's. Lots of great Model A's to view. Great events planned and the lunch cruise on beautiful Lake George could not have been any better.
The roads for us driving to LG took us over the Berkshire Mtns and through lots of NY farmland.
The Adirondack A's also displayed some of the Model A's they have helped the local high school restore as part of their Youth Program.
The famous Balloon festival was also being held this weekend. What an amazing sight.
Great time and look forward to next year.

nhusa 09-24-2018 10:53 PM

Happy you all had a great event and enjoyed yourselves, BUT the Adirodacks in NY are not NewEngland.

New England is Mass, CT, RI, NH, VT, Maine, and Martha’s Vineyard.

If New York was part of New England the residents would cheer for the New England Patriots or the Red Socks instead if those NY teams.

DJ S 09-24-2018 11:23 PM

This was my first time attending a New England meet and it certainly was a fantastic experience. I was able to see some really interesting cars and meet some equally interesting people.

Bob, it was nice meeting you at Sunday brunch and I hope we'll see you and many others at next years meet.

David S.

Tom Wesenberg 09-25-2018 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nhusa (Post 1679008)
Happy you all had a great event and enjoyed yourselves, BUT the Adirodacks in NY are not NewEngland.

New England is Mass, CT, RI, NH, VT, Maine, and Martha’s Vineyard.

If New York was part of New England the residents would cheer for the New England Patriots or the Red Socks instead if those NY teams.

I grew up in upstate New York, and it never made sense to me that New York wasn't considered part of New England.

Keith 09-25-2018 06:40 AM

The New England Meet has grown over the years to encompass clubsfrom New York, Long Island, NJ and PA. Thereis a rotating yearly schedule between the clubs that host the meet. This year it was the Adirondack A’s.Next year the meet will be hosted by WesternMA Model A Club in the Berkshires of western MA.Weencourage Model A enthusiasts to come from near and far.

AL in NY 09-25-2018 09:22 AM

Couldn't make it this year as we were scheduled to go to the MARC national meet in West Virginia. Unfortunately that meet got postponed because of the hurricane and it was too late to get reservations at the Roaring Brook Resort for the New England Meet. I have already made reservations at "The Country Inn at Jiminy Peak" in Hancock for next year's meet.

monto 09-25-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg (Post 1679038)
I grew up in upstate New York, and it never made sense to me that New York wasn't considered part of New England.

I agree, but you must emphasize "UPSTATE" !

jhowes 09-25-2018 10:09 AM

Could someone post the dates for next year's meet please? Jack

Keith 09-25-2018 10:31 AM

September 13th, 14th and 15th 2019