The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Full Moon Generator Rant (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151388)

Big hammer 10-07-2014 04:42 AM

Full Moon Generator Rant

Is 6 months to long waiting for generator ? Please use any of the suppliers
here on the Ford Barns IMO stay a way from Magic Generator Men
Just go and buy an alternator or use a well known supplier Or buy a
long extension cord Sorry For Full Moon Rant

Charlie Stephens 10-07-2014 06:23 AM

Re: Full Moon Generator Rant

No, six months is not too long. One month is too long (unless there is more to the story). Where did you find these guys? Is there more to the story? Thanks for the warning.

Charlie Stephens

C26Pinelake 10-07-2014 06:40 AM

Did you have a problem with a supplier, let the forum know the details.
Wayne

tbirdtbird 10-07-2014 09:17 AM

There is some dude here in Texas to stay away from but no one has hinted as to who he is, so he still just takes Barners for a ride.....

Big hammer 10-07-2014 09:26 AM

My posting was/is not to run down a fellow barner who is making a
living a repairing A parts If he lived next door we would be buddies
IMO if I can't repair my parts because I lost my working shop use one
of the suppliers who repair parts Insure you parts when you send them
use a credit card for payment and you should get your parts back in a
reasonable time We missed driving on model a day again and now
old man winter is coming just a full moon rant sorry for this post

CarlG 10-07-2014 09:28 AM

Google search of "Full Moon Generator" as well as "Magic Generator" results have nothing to do with a generator for a Model A Ford.

Mike V. Florida 10-07-2014 09:40 AM

Is he repairing yours or building one for you? With the parts availability for the generators from the vendors, waiting for parts cannot be an excuse.

Tom Wesenberg 10-07-2014 10:25 AM

Before this rant wastes a bunch of our time, it's me that Ted is talking about. And this is why I asked that the generator not be sent until I was ready to work on it. I also never want to be paid until the job is finished and ready to be mailed back.

I don't make a living working on generators nor working on Model A's. I wish Ted's generator was the only thing going on in my life, but it isn't. Being named executor of my mom's estate has been no joy, and to greatly compound the troubles it created, my oldest brother tried to make my mom's will his will. This resulted in much time and money wasted in court. As of a few weeks ago, hopefully this estate mess is over and done with.

I work on generators only to help people out in the hobby, and not as a money maker or a steady job. This is why I have spent a lot of time on Fordbarn and Ahooga explaining how people can fix and restore their own generator. I haven't had my own Model A out more than three times all summer becuase I haven't had time for a joy ride. I could make a lot more money flipping hamburgers at McDonalds than I can make working on generators. It takes several hours to restore the generator and at $85 plus parts the pay really isn't worth it for me to keep doing this.

Anyway I'm sure Ted and I can work this out in private and if nobody replies, then this thread will hopefully get lost in the back pages, as it isn't helping anyone to fix their Model A.