The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Radiator question (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277462)

Joe Immler 03-02-2020 01:31 PM

Radiator question

Another radiator question. Jeez. I bought a new radiator for my '41 Ford. It did not come with the Headlight Wire Crossover Channel. I called the manufacturer and they will send one. No charge.
This channel is soldered on. I won't be able to do this and will have to take it to a radiator shop here.
Is there any other stuff such as J B Weld etc. that I could use?

petehoovie 03-02-2020 01:51 PM

Re: Radiator question

Take it to the radiator shop and have the pros there do it correctly. It shouldn't be too costly to have it done right. You'll feel better having it done this way....

flatheadmurre 03-02-2020 02:53 PM

If they forgot to ad a part to the radiator...shouldnīt the radiator shop charge them for the job they didnīt do ?
Or didnīt you order it from start ?

Joe Immler 03-02-2020 03:10 PM

flathead. I ordered a complete new radiator. I think that your suggestion to charge them works for me.
pete after all the expense you are correct. Get it done right.
Thanks, guys.

philipswanson 03-02-2020 03:24 PM

Who sold you the radiator? Was it a good deal? Looking for one too.

Joe Immler 03-02-2020 03:42 PM

Brassworks in California. Very expensive. I see that C&G has new ones for sale at a reasonable price. Call them and see.

philipswanson 03-02-2020 05:22 PM

I'd rather pay more at Brassworks like you did. C&G is just selling Drake's Chinese ones of much inferior quality.

JSeery 03-02-2020 05:28 PM

What you need to be sure of with Brassworks is specifying what you want. A lot of their radiators are custom built and you have to be sure you tell them, in detail, what you are expecting to recieve.

Joe Immler 03-03-2020 09:44 AM

phillip I didn' know the C&G radiators are Chinc products. Good to know.
jseery you are correct. I worked with them and sent detailed photos of my old one. The new one is absolutely a perfect reproduction. Accurate in every way. Except the wire tube.

TJ 03-03-2020 09:56 AM

Why not talk with the Brassworks to see if they will pay to have it soldered on?

philipswanson 03-03-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Immler (Post 1858145)
phillip I didn' know the C&G radiators are Chinc products. Good to know.
jseery you are correct. I worked with them and sent detailed photos of my old one. The new one is absolutely a perfect reproduction. Accurate in every way. Except the wire tube.

C&G gets virtually everything from Drake, Vintique, and Carpenter. 90% offshore stuff.