The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   !930 Frame (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=165453)

Dennis Pereira 04-02-2015 10:23 PM

!930 Frame

I have a chance to pick up a 1930 frame and running gear with a fresh rebuild I need the engine but not the rest of it fenders splash shields running boards and lots of parts Clear California plates and title frame has been sand blasted and painted . windshield frame and window moldings some glass one door and boxes of new parts a lot of extra parts that I don't need now comes the Question what is it all worth no body but most parts to make it run . The clear title and plates and frame would be a good start for a 1930 build . I think the fenders and all parts were from a coupe There's boxes of new small parts just need a ball park figure too much to list right now . I just want the fresh engine .

Tom Wesenberg 04-02-2015 10:54 PM

Re: !930 Frame

Does the engine number match the frame and title?
If it does, I'd keep it together and look for another rebuilt engine, or rebuild a good short block.

Mike V. Florida 04-02-2015 11:17 PM

Tom is right. If the engine and frame have correct numbers and the assembly comes with a clear title you should be able to get more for the unit then the cost of a "new" motor, way more.

Dennis Pereira 04-02-2015 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Wesenberg (Post 1062123)
Does the engine number match the frame and title?
If it does, I'd keep it together and look for another rebuilt engine, or rebuild a good short block.

Tom I need the Engine and won't know until I show up with money in hand I don't need more parts lol I was thinking I could recoup some of my cash by selling the rest as one lot If the title plates and frame match . There's a radiator - Shell - rock guard - lights and complete running gear extra minus the engine 1928 engine condition unknown muti disc type and extra rear end . I just talked to the owner verbal agreement of $ 2500 for the lot says engine was completely gone threw ? $2500 is what he told me he had in the engine .

Mike V. Florida 04-02-2015 11:31 PM

2500 sounds about right for an engine overhaul.

I still say if all the numbers match you will get more then if you remove the engine.

What does your state use for vin on a Model A?

Dennis Pereira 04-02-2015 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike V. Florida (Post 1062132)
Tom is right. If the engine and frame have correct numbers and the assembly comes with a clear title you should be able to get more for the unit then the cost of a "new" motor, way more.

Now you guys have me thinking If ever thing matches I'll make someone a good deal lol . I need a engine clutch trans assembly . I sure hate to break this up if the numbers match maybe to good to be true I won't be sure until its a done deal .

Tom Wesenberg 04-03-2015 12:28 AM

What year and month engine would you like to have?

Dennis Pereira 04-03-2015 12:43 AM

Tom I haven't even thought about it just a good running motor for my 29 coupe project . She all bits and pieces from all over so I don't think it matters .

Tom Wesenberg 04-03-2015 08:17 AM

OK, that makes it easy to find an engine and tranny then.
I thought you might be after a multiplate setup.

My early 1929 Tudor came with a bad engine with a restamped number, so I looked for an early 29 engine with the original number. I found what I wanted after about a year of looking at swap meets. It's a February 1929 engine for my 2-23-29 Tudor. I had the title made to the new engine.

Dennis Pereira 04-03-2015 07:28 PM

I'm going to take a chance I have a verbal agreement at $2500 for everything Engine been sitting inside in a plastic bag like it came from Cal's machine Oakdale California for years ? I'm not committed to purchase only to drive down to the valley to look things over . But hopefully it's as advertised . I'm taking my pick up and horse trailer just in case .

Mike V. Florida 04-03-2015 11:32 PM

Sounds like it a great deal! Best of luck.