The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Model "A" Hunting: A more unusual approach. (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130225)

Fdohnke 01-31-2014 04:17 AM

Model "A" Hunting: A more unusual approach.

So, I know a lot of you guys get exited about "barn finds" and other stories about the thrill of finding an A in an unexpected place. Here is a story on how we found another AA this past week. Enjoy. :D

http://www.tresburrosgarage.com/Hunt...del-A-AAs.html

If you got a story about finding your car I would love to hear it. Thanks!

poweredbylincoln 01-31-2014 04:23 AM

Re: Model "A" Hunting: A more unusual approach.

hahah! Well he did some good work there!

A friend supposedly took a helicopter over peoples yards and found all sorts of stuff! alot of sought after cars..but think he got in trouble for flying too low hahaha

poweredbylincoln 01-31-2014 04:23 AM

heard of around the burbank airport used to be alot of good old fords

QGolden 01-31-2014 06:33 AM

I have done exactly that. I drive all over northern New England for a living. I see an "interesting" property from the road, mark it on my GPS mounted to the dash, and that evening scan the area from the air. Lots of interesting thing set to see. The latest Google Satelite photos of this area were taken late last winter, so the trees are bare.

Bruce Lancaster 01-31-2014 09:59 AM

I'm waiting for Predator drones to hit the surplus market...then I can just sustematically cruise the area and watch the images on TV...

Fdohnke 01-31-2014 01:23 PM

Glad you guys like it. It was a good find.:cool:

Terry,NJ 01-31-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Lancaster (Post 814517)
I'm waiting for Predator drones to hit the surplus market...then I can just sustematically cruise the area and watch the images on TV...

I'm still waiting for U2s to hit the used market. I think it won't happen!
Terry

Wick 01-31-2014 08:37 PM

The guys that work for AAA find all the good stuff easy. When they go to a house to jump start or change a tire on the Widows car.....all they have to do is ask "any old cars around?" I met a guy that bought a lot of old tractors that way.

calvin amerson 02-01-2014 08:52 AM

I too have located a trailer fabed out of ford parts, in this cast not much there but front axel & wheels rear wheels on fabed axel all appear to be 1932 or later based on 16" wire wheels, have not retrieved this as yet waiting for better weather wagon located in the woods

spdway1 02-01-2014 11:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:eek::eek::eek:

Aerocraft 02-01-2014 12:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
During the fall of 1957, when I was stationed at Stewart AFB, Newburgh, NY, I used my small light airplane, a Luscombe 8A, to search the farm fields within 20 miles for a Model A Ford. Spotted one in a farmyard near Cornwall-on-the-Hudson. Returning with my then current car, I was able to buy a nice '30 Coupe for $125. Pictured is the same airplane, now owned by someone else, and the Coupe in April of 1961 (just discharged from the AF), and the Coupe as it looks now, still mine.

BILL WILLIAMSON 02-01-2014 02:52 PM

Make friends with a power company LINEMAN, they spot a LOT of stuff! Give him a small note book with an attached pen to WRITE IT DOWN!
A friend lineman carries a small camera to click naked sun bathers in their backyards!!! (WOO_WOO!)
Bill W.

Fdohnke 02-01-2014 03:09 PM

Nice, Love the Luscombe. I once helped a buddy bring one home from the Calaveras Country airport back to Travis AFB in my Model A trailer. That is a nice little airplane and a great story. Can't beat good airplane reccon. What did you do in the AF?

Fdohnke 02-01-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BILL WILLIAMSON (Post 815363)
Make friends with a power company LINEMAN, they spot a LOT of stuff! Give him a small note book with an attached pen to WRITE IT DOWN!
A friend lineman carries a small camera to click naked sun bathers in their backyards!!! (WOO_WOO!)
Bill W.

I'm just looking for Model As;). Hope your doing well up there in Fresno Bill. Must of been a lot of loud Saturdays living that close to Bulldog Stadium! My Dad and I made it up for most of the games, was a great year. You still have your parts collection?