The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Another membr passing. (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130046)

willobs 01-29-2014 06:13 AM

Another membr passing.

Attended a model A Club meeting last evening , Joe (Jazzjr,s) wife told of his death at a concert in Fl on Friday Jan 24th, the day of his 259th and last post.
I only met jazzjr little over a year ago, but quickly became good friends. He was very active in our local model A Club and AACA Club. He was from Crown Point NY and had a winter home in Punta Gorda Fl. Joe would help any car owner and could do anything. His profile Depot hack Station wagon woody,was made from scraps of other peoples left overs, but could and did go any place! jazzjr will be missed by all that crossed his path RIP Joe

BRENT in 10-uh-C 01-29-2014 08:31 AM

Re: Another membr passing.

Sorry to hear this!

C4engr 01-29-2014 03:52 PM

Sorry to hear of your friends (jazzjr) passing..

Rog

Hudsn47 01-29-2014 04:48 PM

Sorry to hear. Sounds like he was a great guy and friend to many,
especially car guys. We should all be like that.

Purdy Swoft 01-29-2014 05:08 PM

I usually read his posts. Sorry to hear of his passing.

Michael M 01-29-2014 05:43 PM

Condolences and prayers to his family and friends.

Skibb 01-29-2014 09:46 PM

RIP Jazzjr and heartfelt condolences to his wife. What a shock, he looked like a million dollars and the picture of health at last years Edison Ford Car Show in Ft Myers. A genuine and friendly man.

Tom Wesenberg 02-01-2014 01:58 AM

Sorry to hear of Joe Lapeter's passing.
Here is a thread started by Joe and he brought it back to remind everyone of the show at the Edison museum. I found it a bit ironic that in one of his last posts in reply #12 of this thread Joe mentions "the deadline is Jan. 24. 2014", the same day Joe passed away.

http://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showth...ghlight=jazzjr

Fdohnke 02-01-2014 02:14 AM

Thoughts and prayers.

Mike V. Florida 02-01-2014 02:26 AM

So sad to hear.

somethingspecial 02-04-2014 08:33 PM

Our prayers go out to the family of Joe

jm29henry 02-04-2014 08:37 PM

My deepest condolences !

BlueSunoco 02-04-2014 11:33 PM

How old was he?? Heart attack or something???

Tom Wesenberg 02-05-2014 12:38 AM

Joe was only 68. This is all I could find from the Hearald-Tribune:

LaPeter, Joseph
Jun. 20, 1945 - Jan. 24, 2014
Joseph LaPeter, 68, of Punta Gorda, FL, formerly of Port Henry, NY., died on Jan. 24, 2014. Funeral arrangements by: Charlotte Memorial Funeral Home, Cemetery and Crematory.

Brian T 02-05-2014 11:23 AM

I talked to Joe last November, he bought a King pin set from me for a Double A he was restoring, he had asked me to call him, we chatted awhile about them, he sounded upbeat and having fun in the hobby, and how happy he was to be invited to the Edison Ford winter estate show, he will be missed.
Brian.

Al 29Tudor 02-05-2014 01:02 PM

I met Joe "jazzjr" about a year and a half ago and we stayed in touch. About three weeks ago at a show in Pt. Charlotte he told me about the Ford Edison show and that's where I found out he had passed. What a shock. He was such a friendly, helpful and talented man. I'll miss him as will everyone who else who the good fortune to know him.
Al Leach

matt92vr4 02-05-2014 03:14 PM

So sorry to hear about Joe's passing. He was SUPER friendly guy who constantly offered to help me with Model A "issues". He was so excited last year about being invited to show at Edisons house. I'm glad he was able to do that. He will be missed around here. Goes to show that we need to take more time with people while the opportunity exists.

willobs 02-06-2014 07:18 AM

Was told Joe suffered a massive Heart Attack attending a local concert, big loss to to model world was always talking As to everyone, and alway willing to help anyone!

jimalabam 02-06-2014 07:27 AM

I met Joe two years ago, and he was great to talk "A" talk with. He surely will be missed. My condolences to the family. Another great one gone from our midst. Jim Langley...

Mike LaPeter 02-16-2014 08:48 PM

I just want to thank you all for the kind words about my Dad. I am his son Michael and I just wanted everyone to know that his legacy has not ended. Myself and his 2 grand sons will continue to follow in his foot steps. My father and I have built many cars together through the years, he was not just a model a buff but a Chevy guy. I have so many great memories of what we did together and the fun we had restoring old cars. Today in his memory I am redoing a 1929 model a coup street rod we built together in the early 80's. It has not been on the road since 1996 but will be again the spring. His AA he started this last year I will finish for him. All I can say is continue to teach the past to the present and keep this tradition alive.