The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   What are these worth? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1572)

mrfirebird73 05-14-2010 07:41 AM

What are these worth?

4 Attachment(s)
Just curious what these fenders are worth. Thanks to all who respond.

Tom from Drippin' 05-14-2010 08:07 AM

Re: What are these worth?

Not worth the scrap metal price.
Please send to me for proper disposal.

bobbycoke 05-14-2010 08:36 AM

hard to tell from these pix, my rating system would make them a 3 out of 5 which means usable with some minor refurbishing need to see underside and bead breaks, around $150-$175 I guess from what I can see.[each] bobbycoke

Model A Man 05-14-2010 08:44 AM

they are called eyebrow fenders. only made for a short time. Not the same as a regular model A fender. the front edge is different. lots of people would love to have these

Bruce 05-14-2010 08:45 AM

Gottcha some eyebrow fenders. Don't need 'em unless you need 'em. You need 'em, try to find some. I think you will be surprised what someone who wants them will be willing to pay.
Try listing them on the big auction site. Put a reasonable reserve -- say $850 -- and go fishing. You may have to cast a couple times, but you will soon figure what depth to be fishing at.
Good luck!

middletown 05-14-2010 11:25 AM

I've never heard of a these.

Please explain what the differences are between these "eyebrow Fenders" and a standard fender. What would they have come on?

Thanks in advance,

Joe :)

Charlie Stephens 05-14-2010 12:24 PM

Joe,

The eyebrow fenders were used for a short period in early 1930. The fender bead extends all the way around the front of the fender. Compare the bead in the above photos with a regular fender.

Charlie Stephens

Dave in Boise 05-14-2010 12:36 PM

I have a pair of them on my Fordor. I have never seen another pair in person yet, and understand that they are pretty rare..

middletown 05-14-2010 12:38 PM

Thanks Charlie!

Have a great day,

Joe
:D

Kevin in NJ 05-14-2010 02:14 PM

The eyebrow fenders are not common, but are not valuable.

They seem to have been used mostly on town sedans by one report, but that is not confirmed. The ones I have seen were associated with town sedans.

I know of someone with some and I thought they might have some added value so it checked around. It turns out they are rare, but not valuable. Since they really are not special and not required for any special car they do not have the desirability to increase their price. I am sure it would be different if they JS said they had to be used on certain cars for a certain period of time, but that is not the case as you can always just use regular fenders.

The few I have seen for sale seem to sell for what you would pay for the regular fenders in the same condition.

Stinch 05-14-2010 03:00 PM

I need a pair. Contact me if you want to work something out. richATstinch.com

203 257-3576

Rich