The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   1930 Rumble Seat Toe Kick Carpet (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270080)

dmaxweb 09-27-2019 03:56 PM

1930 Rumble Seat Toe Kick Carpet

Does anyone have a pattern or dimensional drawing?
Thanks

BRENT in 10-uh-C 09-27-2019 04:06 PM

Re: 1930 Rumble Seat Toe Kick Carpet

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmaxweb (Post 1803757)
Does anyone have a pattern or dimensional drawing?
Thanks

Carpet in the Rumble Seat area?

bettlesr 09-27-2019 04:22 PM

Probably the piece on the bottom of the front seat

Bill Cilker 09-27-2019 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of my original unrestored July 1930 standard coupe's rumble seat area. Carpet was not used.

dmaxweb 09-27-2019 07:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bettlesr (Post 1803767)
Probably the piece on the bottom of the front seat

You are correct sir! At least on the April 30 Deluxe Coupe I have. It covers the metal seat riser. Only a few tatters remain.
I have leftover carpet from the interior and want to make one. It's a simple piece and can wing it but may as well get the correct dimensions.

See page 2, carpet section of attached.

BRENT in 10-uh-C 09-27-2019 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmaxweb (Post 1803817)
You are correct sir! At least on the April 30 Deluxe Coupe I have. It covers the metal seat riser. Only a few tatters remain.
I have leftover carpet from the interior and want to make one. It's a simple piece and can wing it but may as well get the correct dimensions.

See page 2, carpet section of attached.

Mike Francis is a great friend of mine however this is not Mike's fault. This likely stems back from Colleen's days when she was fabricating kits in her husband's restoration shop. Many of her patterns and fabrications/creations were not the same as Henry's designs or offerings. Therefore if you wish to have carpet back there, my suggestion would be to fabricate it in whatever dimensions that you like as you will not find a drawing at the archives for carpet in that area to dispute what you have sewn.

dmaxweb 09-27-2019 10:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BRENT in 10-uh-C (Post 1803854)
Mike Francis is a great friend of mine however this is not Mike's fault. This likely stems back from Colleen's days when she was fabricating kits in her husband's restoration shop. Many of her patterns and fabrications/creations were not the same as Henry's designs or offerings. Therefore if you wish to have carpet back there, my suggestion would be to fabricate it in whatever dimensions that you like as you will not find a drawing at the archives for carpet in that area to dispute what you have sewn.

I'm not disputing you. The current upholstery is old but not original and only scraps of the toe kick carpet remain . I just happened to have Mike's catalog handy. I don't believe the upholstery was a kit from LB either but I have some of their old literature. I know LB was never gospel but they have an interesting reference to Toe Kick Carpet "Coupes with seat carriage assemblies have carpet on the lower back of the driver's assembly if the car came through with a rumble"

dmaxweb 09-27-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Cilker (Post 1803795)
Here is a picture of my original unrestored July 1930 standard coupe's rumble seat area. Carpet was not used.

Can't really tell from your picture but it looks like fabric remnants on either side of the toe kick. Is that interior fabric? It kind of looks like carpet binding.