The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Old car festival 2017 greenfield village (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=213063)

jm29henry 01-19-2017 06:12 PM

Old car festival 2017 greenfield village

Just got a letter from greenfield village.a lot of big changes for 2017 (1) $50.00 applications fee if they don't expect your car they keep your money (2) you must pay upfront with credit card or debit card before they will even expect your application (3) you must send all new picture with pic of license plate #(4) no motor homes.(4) judged vehicle may ar may not be on the village green .My thought is this I think the show is getting to big for them.,I don't like that they keep my money even if they don't accept my car all though I want the village to succeed so I will try it this year I just hope they don't ruin a great thing I love the old car festival it's like Christmas to me just wondering if anyone else have gotten one of these letters.wondering if you will still go and I hope to see all of the wonderful people I have met over the past ten years +

WTSHNN 01-19-2017 06:34 PM

Re: Old car festival 2017 greenfield village

I've attended the past three years and have no plans of stopping anytime soon. I have not received a letter from them but will keep an eye out.

I also agree it was getting pretty big but that is ok with me.

-Tim

Jeff/Illinois 01-19-2017 07:15 PM

My first trip there for the Old Car Festival was last Fall, and I had a fantastic time! Loved it!

Too big is a good problem to have in my eye! Definitely will go again!

jm29henry 01-19-2017 07:44 PM

I agree I Will go if they let me in I have concerns with people coming up with $50.00 dollars and not being accepted and they will not refund the money because it is an application fee not a entrance fee Also it may be that they won't
want the same car that has been there more than 10 times . They may be looking for new cars . I have know of some people might take pictures off of the Internet and then bring the car that they own and may not be correct

trulyvintage 01-19-2017 08:06 PM

Bigger deal than you think

There are a lot more changes than you think.

Read this thread:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages...tml?1484873100

Jim

jm29henry 01-19-2017 08:34 PM

I agree!!! I love this show and want to participate as I have for the last ten years I don't even mind the money but I realized that this will put a hard ship on some people on a fixed income?(Please read the new rules attached to truly vintage thread)

WTSHNN 01-19-2017 10:24 PM

Ok.I read the posted letter on the above provided link. I'm curious as to how many of these changes will impact the OCF as opposed to the motor muster.

Doesn't seem as bad as I thought...the reduction from four wristbands down to two is mildly annoying but it is still a good deal.

-Tim

Great Lakes Greg 01-20-2017 08:57 AM

The lions share of antique cars at venues like this are always Model A's and T's. How ironic that Henry's own cars will likely be the first to be weeded out an denied access to his crowning achievement, financed by these very cars.

jm29henry 01-20-2017 09:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a copy of the new rules for 2017old car festival

C26Pinelake 01-21-2017 02:26 PM

It seems like big business is taking over and the concept of old car enjoyment is taking a back seat. They have to remember that without the old car owners they have no show. Wayne

jm29henry 01-21-2017 02:42 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself Wayne, I really want the village to succeed and I don't mind supporting it ,but keeping a person entrance fee and not allowing to bring their car if they don't accept you. I enjoy the festivities.l just don't think it would be the same without bringing my car

jm29henry 01-22-2017 03:28 PM

Will this detour any of you from coming?

WTSHNN 01-22-2017 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jm29henry (Post 1417735)

No.

Tom Wesenberg 01-22-2017 05:22 PM

Never been and never heard about it until a couple years ago. I'll have to make it sometime soon.

Jeff/Illinois 01-22-2017 05:56 PM

Tom I was postponed on going to this the last few years due to family matters, health issues, and etc. but finally made the trip in 2016. You will NOT be disappointed I guarantee that. I loved it all, couldn't get enough, was still suffering from some side effects of last winter's treatments but just gritted my teeth, kept moving, and had too much fun to notice the leg problems.

I've never seen anything quite like the OCF before. Kind of a long trip for me but very worth it. To see that Baker Electric driving around with the front seat occupants facing the rear, the Steam cars, and all the variety plus some very Boss Model A's and T's:):)

I rank the Caramel Corn they sell by the big Calliope the best too!

C26Pinelake 01-22-2017 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jm29henry (Post 1417735)

Possibly. I have yet to miss one. Without bringing one of my cars it loses its appeal for me to attend! Wayne

C26Pinelake 01-22-2017 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois (Post 1417822)
Tom I was postponed on going to this the last few years due to family matters, health issues, and etc. but finally made the trip in 2016. You will NOT be disappointed I guarantee that. I loved it all, couldn't get enough, was still suffering from some side effects of last winter's treatments but just gritted my teeth, kept moving, and had too much fun to notice the leg problems.

I've never seen anything quite like the OCF before. Kind of a long trip for me but very worth it. To see that Baker Electric driving around with the front seat occupants facing the rear, the Steam cars, and all the variety plus some very Boss Model A's and T's:):)

I rank the Caramel Corn they sell by the big Calliope the best too!

I agree it is the best Carmel corn ever.

jm29henry 01-22-2017 07:08 PM

Wayne, do you park on the village green or down the street in front of the historical homes

Mike V. Florida 01-23-2017 05:41 AM

Non refundable application fee seems steep to me. Guess it's due to the outside agency that is doing the work, Cvent.

antiquepa 01-23-2017 09:16 PM

Been there last 7 years, if your not accepted and they keep your application fee they could at least send you 2 tickets to attend the event. Won't be the same to me but I have my reservations made and would attend..there loss as to all the money I spend at the event they won't be getting. The cost of printing 2 tickets ?? will be to there advantage to what I'll spend. If I'm accepted this year I'm sure every year they will pick different cars to change the show..look at all the applications fee they can keep and control the size of the show!!,,WHAT A SHAME! (just my 2 cents worth}