The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Introducion (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258173)

woofa.express 02-01-2019 03:04 PM

Re: Introducion

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werner (Post 1719916)
Hello dear oldtimer friends.

For several weeks I use this forum here. At home there are few connoisseurs.

I bought my '28 Roadster in November from a dealer. He bought the car from 'Classic Car Auctions' (Florida or California).

I still have a 1947 "Gangster" limousine. The Citroen 11 CV. He is restored exactly. So it will be my "A" too.

In the 70's, I was in quality control at Ford factory. (At that time the same key was used for the oil screw in the rear axle as in the "A"!)

One of my problems is that I'm overly ambitious when restoring. But I always get the old patina or I do make it like old.

It is very nice, how well one here in this forum is helped.

Good cooperations! (My English is not good.)

Wrote 5 books about model engines. Other hobbies are flying big model airplanes,. As co flying airplanes (Cessna 140, C 172 Rocket, JoDel R 400). Amazonas & salt water tanks. (Aquarium).

Hi Werner. don't worry about your English, it's okay. I live in an English only speaking country and I couldn't get a pass of 30 marks in English for our school certificate which is a national exam of an ordinary standard. What saves my ass today is spell check on the computer otherwise I cna't spell my way out of a wet paper bag. cheers, gary

Werner 02-21-2019 05:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello Barn Members!

Since yesterday my little Green Roadster is almost finished.

265 hours of work and several thousand dollars later, it has now become a very good car.

An indispensable help was and are the many patient answers I received in this friendly forum! Thanks at all!

Now also my three beauties can smile too!

Synchro909 02-21-2019 05:22 PM

Werner, That is a wonderful photo. Congratulations. I'm sure all three will play a part in your life and you in theirs.

katy 02-22-2019 12:56 PM

Thanks for the update, congratulations.

Brad in Germany 02-23-2019 02:20 AM

Ford Modell A – Oldtimer-Treffen

Hallo Werner,

Will you be going to this year's "Ford Modell A – Oldtimer-Treffen" from Friday 5 July to Sunday 7 July in the Technikmuseum Freudenberg?

https://www.technikmuseum-freudenber...-1024x682.jpeg

It sounds like a fun time and will be great to see a bunch of Model A's in Germany all in one place.

https://www.technikmuseum-freudenber...-1024x682.jpeg

To find more details about this event, you can click here to go to their website.

...and for the linguistically disadvantaged persons, you can read the english version (via Google Translate) by clicking here.

https://www.technikmuseum-freudenber..._treffen1.jpeg

....and if you can not make up your mind whether to go or not, you can read about last year's "Ford Modell A – Oldtimer-Treffen" by clicking here. (and the english translated version here).

MfG,
Brad in Maryland

30 Closed Cab PU 02-23-2019 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werner (Post 1722159)
Hello at all.

Sometimes I want to write something about how I feel about my roadster.

It was bought by a dealer: http://www.classic-carauction.com/se...auctionid=9188

I bought it in Germany in November. Unfortunately, the previous owner hid, he does not want to have any contact. I can not understand that and find that very sad. I like to hear old stories and pictes of the car's live in the past.

I stripped the car and preserved it with Ardrox AV 15. This is a special very thin transparent corrosion protection wax used by Boeing and airbus. At the moment I am still working on the rear axle. New spring, new dampers, fixed brakes. That will take one week I think & hope.

Hi Werner,

Just re-read this. The ad says everything is in good/excellent shape. If advertised good/excellent should have only needed minor or no repairs. With all the things you are finding wrong on the car the previous owner may be afraid to talk to you.

Werner 02-23-2019 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
That's the way it is!

See picture: ball bearing at distance holder.

Werner 02-24-2019 03:02 PM

N'Abend Brad,

whether we go there is depends on two factors: That our dog until then will ride in the ruble-seat. And that the weather is dry.

The journey takes about >3 hours.

Werner 02-25-2019 04:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Good evening all together!

Today photo day was announced for the nearly restored roadster. Sunshine, little wind and a relatively mild temperature - the season begins!

Werner 02-25-2019 04:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Werner 04-22-2019 02:31 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hallo Freunde,

yesterday I made the first big exit. Through the Belgian Ardennes to 'Spa'. Anyone who wants to know roughly how road conditions used to be at the time of the construction of our A would only need to drive through Belgium once. Here I realized where the limits of chassis and shock absorbers are.

But it's nice that my Little Green Roadster is now almost finished and can be driven every day.

30 Closed Cab PU 04-22-2019 02:41 PM

Werner - Nice looking car, nice looking family (if your family). Thanks for the pictures.

rfitzpatrick 04-23-2019 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Werner (Post 1730646)
Good evening all together!

Today photo day was announced for the nearly restored roadster. Sunshine, little wind and a relatively mild temperature - the season begins!

Where'd you find that Ford Tool Box?

Werner 04-23-2019 02:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hallo Fitzpatrick,

the box is homemade. An old steel box from Ebay. I cut the lettering from balsa wood. Then roughly painted with hammer blow lacquer.

Werner 06-13-2020 09:21 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Hello everybody.

After a year and a half, over 700 working hours and many, many thousands of dollars, our Little Green Roadster has now been completed. It has become a very good car, it runs now very well.

Myself have often been tested hard. But I didn't give up. I learned how the entire mechanics between the carburetor and the exhaust works. I had to relearn my English, which I had forgotten in the past 50 years.

Without the support of this helpful forum with the many very friendly helpers, I would not have been able to do a lot of this work well.

Dankeschön, Männers!

30 Closed Cab PU 06-13-2020 09:32 AM

Very nice. Must have been difficult doing all that work and not scratching/dinging up the paint.

With all the accessories/improvements am surprised you do not have a radiator stone guard.

Russ/40 06-13-2020 10:14 AM

Werner, much credit goes to your tenacity when it was difficult. Countless people have been helped and educated by your willingness to share the journey. Enjoy your much improved "A"

Joop 06-13-2020 10:35 AM

Werner now you need a new project How about a nice 400A?

Bill G 06-13-2020 10:49 AM

Werner, that is one beautiful car! Being a roadster, you are just in time for the summer weather. First day of summer according to the calendar is next week-end.

Jim Brierley 06-13-2020 12:12 PM

Werner, welcome to FB! I have been following your posts, and have tried to help when I can. I'm into performance Model A's, over-head valves and such. I too spent about 14 months in Nurnberg, an enjoyable time in my life. I can still speak ein venig Deutsche, but have trouble understanding any of it.

Late '31 widebed pickup, 4-port Riley conversion, B trans, Colombia rear end.
'31 Victoria, Rutherford OHV conversion, 5-speed trans, etc.
'28 speedster, BRIERLEY flathead, V8 trans, quick-change rear end.

All with hydraulic brakes and shortened pitman arms.