The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Other Hobby Interests (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235055)

Bob Bidonde 12-09-2017 10:43 AM

Other Hobby Interests

4 Attachment(s)
Besides Model "A" Fords, what other hobbies do you dabble in? I am into Doo Wop, Mustangs, O-gauge trains, guns, fishing and grand-kids. :D

Tacoma Bob 12-09-2017 11:02 AM

Re: Other Hobby Interests

Designing and building Japanese garden structures for our pond garden as well as Japanese items for our home. Woodworking, winemaking and watching old westerns all week long.

Scottio57 12-09-2017 11:12 AM

4 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]CH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]My others are model T, camping, jeeping, wood working, steel fabrication, yard art.

2manycars 12-09-2017 11:40 AM

6 Attachment(s)
MGB sports cars, hot rods, motorcycles, tractors.

Clem Clement 12-09-2017 11:43 AM

Hey Bob, good hearing from ya. I'm heavy in toy trains. Primarily Standard gauge and home made.

mhsprecher 12-09-2017 12:01 PM

Home repair, and renovation, archaeology, history, current events, furniture, photography, traveling to new places, film, music, the outdoors, business, genealogy, friends and family. Did I leave anything out? ;-)

Dollar Bill 12-09-2017 12:07 PM

Vintage Ford tractors. I have a 48 & 50 8N and a 63 NF Rowcrop 4000.

oldforder 12-09-2017 12:08 PM

I also like early Mustangs, and taking bus tours of the USA. I was into o gauge trains a few years ago, but lost interest, and sold all my stuff. Before I got into old cars I did garden tractor pulling. Many have never heard of that, but in some states it is quite big. I did it for about 14 years, until the clubs I belonged to went downhill. I love old tractors also, especially the 2 cylinder John Deeres. I wish I had room to store one (or more). I suppose I could park it outside, but hate doing that.

steve s 12-09-2017 12:09 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Seems to be a bit of a pattern developing here.

slammin 12-09-2017 12:14 PM

I have modeling HO scale trains for decades. I did collect antiques, but since I became one, not so much!

Simonpie 12-09-2017 12:30 PM

I used to roadrace motorcycles. I've since mellowed (it took a couple of decades) and now spend a lot of time competing in rifle and pistol matches. I'm pushing 50 years old, so I figure I have about another 10-15 years in me before I start to physically degrade. Although, there's a 70 year old woman who regularly sweeps the field in pistol, so there's hope.

GPierce 12-09-2017 12:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Classic Airplanes, restoring and flying them.

CarlLaFong 12-09-2017 12:51 PM

New guy here.
I have loved "old cars" since I was 12 years old, especially "A"s. I have a fairly large shop at home. It's sort of divided into the dusty side and the greasy side. The dusty side is a fully equipped wood working shop, the greasy side is for auto/MC/welding etc. I have a lathe and milling machine, drill presses, grinders, a hydraulic press, scads of hand and other power tools. I also enjoy RV travel. We have a 2016 RAM long, crew cab, Cummins and a 5th wheel that we pull.
I will be actively searching for a Model A as soon as I heal from my M/C accident and sell the offending M/C to the next victim.

denis4x4 12-09-2017 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Built a special room to house my BB gun collection......and no, I haven't shot my eye out yet!

Marvin/TN 12-09-2017 01:15 PM

Love making saw dust out in my wood shop. Just had as shoulder replaced and can hardly wait until I am bale to get back out to the shop. Will be a short lived time in the shop the other shoulder will be replaced ASAP. With my metal leg and two metal shoulders I will have a Hell of a time getting through airport security. Last time I flew they X-Ray-ed my leg five different ways.

rosenkranswa 12-09-2017 01:16 PM

Model T, EV8, WWII living history, aviation history, Tang Soo Do karate.

Patrick L. 12-09-2017 02:25 PM

Shooting, archery, hunting, fishing, fabrication/machine work/welding, woodworking, old cars/motorcycles/tractors, flying [especially taildraggers], renovating old homes. Even golf, beer, cooking and throwing parties. Sleeping is vastly over rated.

Gil Sissons 12-09-2017 02:27 PM

Love my Triumph TR3 and time with the camera.
As a couple.... Touring with the Model A touring club is special
Gil. NoCal

Marvin/TN 12-09-2017 02:55 PM

I like old air craft as well as old cars. Former air craft mechanic in the USAF for five years

BILL WILLIAMSON 12-09-2017 03:01 PM

Used to dig & collect Antique Bottles & a stint, doing Stained Glass & a stint doing WILD things with a BIG Bandsaw!!
Bill Neverbored