The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Kudo's to LeBaron Bonney and Third Gen Automotive (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160150)

roadster36 01-28-2015 01:33 PM

Kudo's to LeBaron Bonney and Third Gen Automotive

With all the negative press about vendors I think it might be a good time to relate a positive experience I had. I needed new interior for my '34 roadster so I called LeBaron Bonney since it it their kit that finally is showing some age (after over 30 years). I called them and they promptly sent out samples and information. I matched up the material and called them back and placed my order. I spoke with Cam Nolan on the phone. She was knowledgeable and understood my needs. We went over the order and I was told what to expect, when to expect it, and the total cost. I received a follow up invoice and letter in the mail. Everything arrived on the exact day they said it would in perfect condition. I was so pleased that I called them back up and ordered another kit for my '34 5-W coupe. We did that car in the early 1980's and it needs to be updated. I have no doubt that this kit will be just as nice as the one for the roadster. I have also been purchasing a lot of small shop items from Michael Driskell at Third Gen Automotive. He consistently delivers well shipped/packed parts on time, at a good price, with no hassles. THAT IS HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS. Quality takes a commitment and unfortunately many out there are unable or unwilling to make it. Both of these vendors have gone above and beyond to provide superior parts and service. If they can do it then the other should be able to as well.

Kube 01-28-2015 01:53 PM

Re: Kudo's to LeBaron Bonney and Third Gen Automotive

Mike Driskell is, as you state, TOP NOTCH in all respects.

I also agree with you that other businesses can and should be able to do the same. They CAN. They chose not to. "Unable" is born from the lack of requisite knowledge. "Unwilling" is born by choice.

DavidG 01-28-2015 03:24 PM

Michael's the man. I've also been a loyal customer of LeB/B for over 45 years.

TJ 01-28-2015 04:58 PM

X2 for both vendors.

rheltzel 01-28-2015 05:05 PM

I agree on the praise for Third Gen. They always ship promptly and the parts are always as represented and top quality.

Bruce/CT 01-28-2015 05:38 PM

I have to give my THUMBS UP to Mike Driskell at Third Generation. He has been great to work with. He runs his business very professionally and he helps makes the hobby fun!!
Thanks Mike
Bruce/CT

Ralph Moore 01-28-2015 05:55 PM

I've recieved nothing but top notch parts and service from ThirdGenration myself.
Have not used LeBaron Bonny yet. But maybe in the near future?

hotrodA 01-28-2015 06:31 PM

Proud to call Michael Driskell a friend.

TJ 01-28-2015 08:17 PM

Just for info Michael is one of the new National Directors of the Early Ford V-8 Club of America. He will do a great job and his age will inject some new thought on how the club can attract new younger members.

Kahuna 01-28-2015 08:28 PM

I don't know anything about Third Generation. What and where is it?
Thanks
Jim

koates 01-28-2015 09:10 PM

Michael Driskell at Third Generation Auto is top notch and very reliable. If there are ever any hickups Mike sorts them out quick smart. His shipping costs especially international are most acceptable, not like some others. He comes highly recommended. LeBaron Bonney is likewise great to deal with. Regards, Kevin.

Carter 01-28-2015 09:18 PM

Never dealt with LBB, but I agree with all the other comments about ThirdGen. Top notch indeed.

flathead48 01-29-2015 06:32 AM

Can someone post a web site for Third Generation ? Thanks, Rick

cmbrucew 01-29-2015 09:32 AM

I think they deal with Camaro and Firebird stuff.
Bruce

V8COOPMAN 01-29-2015 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flathead48 (Post 1024061)
Can someone post a web site for Third Generation ? Thanks, Rick

Link below! DD

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Third...61476857296508

john in illinois 01-29-2015 01:27 PM

Looks like they have some good parts for early Fords.

John

Joe Immler 01-29-2015 01:32 PM

I also have had good experience with LeBaron Bonney. After 16 years the back rest on the driver side seat on my '41 wore thin. I ordered a replacement. They dug in the back room and found a perfect cover. Great to deal with.

Steve/IL 01-29-2015 01:41 PM

I have both sold to and bought parts from Michael and have also bought parts and upholstery kits from LeBaron Bonney. Both are a pleasure to do business with.

Bored&Stroked 01-29-2015 02:03 PM

I've not dealt with LBB, but I have done quite a few transactions with Mike at ThirdGen.

He runs a fine small business, has great service and is an important supplier for me. If I didn't run into Mike, not sure how long it would take me to actually find the 1932 V8 engine parts that I so desperately needed.

His prices are representative of the market - he's in business to make money and knows what things are currently worth (fine by me). One solid dude!

B&S

35fordtn 01-29-2015 07:21 PM

Sorry, we do not have a website for Third Gen Automotive as of yet. I hope to have one up and running in the near future. As for now we can only be found through Facebook, our eBay store, and by phone.