The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Quarantine work (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279372)

adileo 04-13-2020 11:55 AM

Quarantine work

What you guys workin on?

I pulled the black BBQ Paint out. Painted the headers and radiator top.

Mart 04-13-2020 11:58 AM

Re: Quarantine work

Sudoku.

Putting a new fence up.

Editing videos.

Putting some pics up on the vintage pics thread on the hamb.

Chillin.

Willit Stop 04-13-2020 12:37 PM

Painting my garage and trying to figure out why these houseflies insist on flying head first into the windows. Why are there houseflies in the garage? Aren't they supposed to be in the house? I think I need a support group.

30-9 04-13-2020 01:00 PM

Added corn grease to steering box. Checked and deflated tires for summer weather. Vacuumed and added distilled water to battery

Terranova 04-13-2020 01:10 PM

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...f76f95c45d.jpgUntitled by Mike Terranova, on Flickr

tubman 04-13-2020 01:49 PM

Absolutely nothing. I am in the Keys with no return date in sight, looking at the three carburetors I have already rebuilt. I am looking on eBay for some more cores to do, but prices are usually way too high. I hope I'm able to get back to Minnesota and my shop before I am faced with having to pay the going rate for a WCFB (or similar) core.:mad:

jim1932 04-13-2020 04:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Usual...taking stuff apart. One day I will learn to put it together and make it run....LOL

38bill 04-13-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubman (Post 1873949)
Absolutely nothing. I am in the Keys with no return date in sight, looking at the three carburetors I have already rebuilt. I am looking on eBay for some more cores to do, but prices are usually way too high. I hope I'm able to get back to Minnesota and my shop before I am faced with having to pay the going rate for a WCFB (or similar) core.:mad:

Don't feel too bad, its been cold and snowing off and on all day here in central MN. One of our maple trees is covered in sweet maple sapcicles.

RKS.PA 04-13-2020 07:15 PM

Stripped and painted my Red's Headers with Eastwood High Temp silver. Should have done it before I put them on the first time, as Victor at Red's suggested....didn't want to spring $$ for the powder coat, and couldn't wait to put them on and hear the Smithys.

Yup, they rusted...hated the look. Right side came off no problem. Left side was a bugger and I ruined the connecting pipe. So just spent $80 for a new connecting pipe...with shipping.

Sometimes the faster I go, the behinder I get!!:eek:

flatford8 04-13-2020 07:47 PM

I’m working more hours than I have in quite a while.....no time to work on anything......I’m retiring in 291 days so I guess the projects will have to wait......Mark

Zeke3 04-13-2020 08:06 PM

We have an old farm house, circa 1900, so no shortage of projects for me. There was an upstairs bedroom that didn't have any electrical outlets in it. I have stripped the wallpaper for both walls and ceilings, patched the plaster in some areas and am adding four outlets to the room. No more extension cords.

On the automotive side, I have been practicing gas welding on an old rear fender trying to get ready for the real thing.

!!!RIOT!!! 04-13-2020 08:53 PM

Ran a new ignition wire to replace the one the crapped out and replaced all 4 sets of brake shoes, cylinders, and hoses. Got a tip on the HAMB that the 68 Mustang front drums fit the 52/53 and are only $28. Those should come in this week so I can button it up and get back on the road.