The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I know this is crazy-but what do you folks think it's worth? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=206154)

smittykid 10-03-2016 06:52 AM

I know this is crazy-but what do you folks think it's worth?

4 Attachment(s)
I found this within a couple of hours of me. What's a rolling frame & tranny worth? Owner says it starts & runs great. It's been converted to 12 volt and has a fuel cell in the "trunk" and has an elect. fuel pump. I'm thinking this might be a good candidate for a Speedster. He has no proof of any rebuild of engine or tranny. He bought an older truck and this little buggy was part of the deal. He's asking $4,900 OBO and he's had it advertised about a month. Obviously the wooden body would have to be scrapped. I have not looked at the car yet as I wanted some input from the "Barners" first. Any thoughts?

Mike 10-03-2016 07:02 AM

Re: I know this is crazy-but what do you folks think it's worth?

I my opinion a rolling chassis with title is 1,500.00
mike

miff 10-03-2016 07:16 AM

I agree with Mike 1000:00 to 1500.00 It has to have a good title .That's a MUST

C26Pinelake 10-03-2016 08:03 AM

Owner says it runs! Did you try to start it. It is grossly overpriced and that is why it has not sold! Wayne

Big hammer 10-03-2016 08:32 AM

Scrape the body? 4900 I think is high, it's his asking price, just a starting number to negotiate down! Drive it, if the motor is strong, trans is smooth and not noisy, if steers good
doesn't over heat, etc. Buy it drive it and have fun! After all it's the only one in the world. If your wanting a speedster, there's a lot of parts out there.

bobbycoke 10-03-2016 08:42 AM

IMHO--------$2200-$2700 is a fair price for a running chassis with a good cowl,hood and grill the rubber also looks good so maybe up to 3K good start for a woody,huckster or speedster...or run as is for a unique fun ride!........bobbycoke

SeaSlugs 10-03-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbycoke (Post 1364197)
IMHO--------$2200-$2700 is a fair price for a running chassis with a good cowl,hood and grill the rubber also looks good so maybe up to 3K good start for a woody,huckster or speedster...or run as is for a unique fun ride!........bobbycoke

Agreed, IF everything checks out - runs good, stop good, steers good with little slop and no death wobble, tires/rims good - thats half the battle of restoring a model A.

Hood looks to be decent too.

I mean the body is not my tastes at all but the guy probably bought the chassis from a rodder only wanting the body and just made this creation.

james hitchcock 10-03-2016 09:24 AM

I'd pay $2,200 in a minute. Play with it as is for a while. Then start figuring what kinda body I want. Great start.

burner31 10-03-2016 10:36 AM

Not 4,900 that's agreed on...
If it has a title...maybe 1500...if not start below 1000.

Mitch//pa 10-03-2016 11:20 AM

Smit,
You looking for a dependent ? Dad will share:D

SeaSlugs 10-03-2016 11:22 AM

He may not have proof but did he rebuild it himself or a shop do it? If a shop did it ask around or google search their name and see if they do good work or not.

George Miller 10-03-2016 01:24 PM

1,500 would be max for me.

dumb person 10-05-2016 04:08 PM

The drivable chassis is worth his asking price in my country, and it comes with a hilarious body.

BILL WILLIAMSON 10-05-2016 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitch//pa (Post 1364305)
Smit,
You looking for a dependent ? Dad will share:D

Share WHAT:confused:??? I gotta' DEPENDENT Dog:cool: already, we're DEPENDANT on each other:D--Gonna' register him to VOTE, even. Don't make enuff money to use him for a write off:(
Po' Dad

Rex_A_Lott 10-06-2016 10:57 AM

Buy it for what you can, you can have a lot of fun in an old jalopy like that, because its unique. Good Luck