The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Installed my new Stipe shocks today (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=205504)

700rpm 09-25-2016 04:41 PM

Installed my new Stipe shocks today

New shocks on, and took the coupe for a ride. Honestly, I can't tell the difference between the set I removed, rebuilt by John Holland, and the new Stipes. The Holland shocks needed replacement, though; the front ones were leaking. The rears are fine. However, I have only had those shocks on the car for less than 2000 miles. I expected more.

I'm not disappointed in Stipes. I figure they will last me for the rest of my life. But John Holland's, at least the rears, served OK for 17 months.

So I'll be putting the Holland shocks up for sale on the Swap Meet page shortly, if anyone can use two good ones and two leakers.

C26Pinelake 09-25-2016 06:58 PM

Re: Installed my new Stipe shocks today

Sounds like a good reason not to buy John Holland shocks. Another testimonial for Stipes. Wayne

Larry Jenkins 09-25-2016 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 700rpm (Post 1360303)
New shocks on, and took the coupe for a ride. Honestly, I can't tell the difference between the set I removed, rebuilt by John Holland, and the new Stipes. The Holland shocks needed replacement, though; the front ones were leaking. The rears are fine. However, I have only had those shocks on the car for less than 2000 miles. I expected more.

I'm not disappointed in Stipes. I figure they will last me for the rest of my life. But John Holland's, at least the rears, served OK for 17 months.

So I'll be putting the Holland shocks up for sale on the Swap Meet page shortly, if anyone can use two good ones and two leakers.

John's a great guy. Bet he would either repair your two leakers or replace them. probably for nothing.

C26Pinelake 09-25-2016 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larry Jenkins (Post 1360424)
John's a great guy. Bet he would either repair your two leakers or replace them. probably for nothing.

I am sure 700 would have contacted him before writing bad comments about his product , Right ?

ron103140 09-26-2016 06:59 AM

Can someone please give me John Hollands contact? I have some that he rebuilt that are leaking also. Thanks, Ron

C26Pinelake 09-26-2016 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron103140 (Post 1360533)
Can someone please give me John Hollands contact? I have some that he rebuilt that are leaking also. Thanks, Ron

Did he re build them for you ? Check the sticky up above. Wayne v;)

Ray64 09-26-2016 08:02 AM

John Holland 1 330 483 3896

C26Pinelake 09-26-2016 09:58 AM

Quote:

You did contact John Holland before and advise him of the problem to give him a chance to correct it, right ?

ron103140 09-30-2016 06:38 AM

Thanks Ray for the contact number. Ron

C26Pinelake 09-30-2016 07:43 AM

Quote:

In all fairness you should have communicated with John Holland before you criticized his product on this forum. Hopefully you did as that would be the truly
Professional thing to do. Did you give him a chance to correct the problem ? Wayne

1930marie 10-01-2016 01:06 AM

My new Stipe shocks are awesome. When I replaced the front and rear leaf springs last year, I felt my old shocks were working well enough. I have to continually remind myself my car is 86 years old with the Stipe's, it rides that nice.