The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Victoria Dome Light Wiring Diagram (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261860)

biggieou 04-14-2019 07:33 PM

Victoria Dome Light Wiring Diagram

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a Victoria with two switches? I cannot find one anywhere. Closest I can find is the one in the Service Bulletins for a Town Sedan with one switch.

Mike V. Florida 04-14-2019 11:29 PM

Re: Victoria Dome Light Wiring Diagram

Where are the two switches?

The Victoria dome light originally came with only one that was on the passenger "B" post.

biggieou 04-15-2019 05:40 AM

Interesting. I have switches on the pass and drivers b pillar.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

burner31 04-15-2019 01:12 PM

Never knew they had two switches, should not be difficult to wire up.

Badpuppy 04-16-2019 09:08 AM

FSB pp.291,356,468 show single switch on right pillar for Fordor and Town Sedan. Doubtful the car rolled out the door with two switches.

If a switch is added it may be wired in series or parallel. Series requires both switches ON for light, either switch OFF turns it off. Parallel allows either switch ON for light, both must be OFF to turn it off.

biggieou 04-16-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badpuppy (Post 1747542)
FSB pp.291,356,468 show single switch on right pillar for Fordor and Town Sedan. Doubtful the car rolled out the door with two switches.

If a switch is added it may be wired in series or parallel. Series requires both switches ON for light, either switch OFF turns it off. Parallel allows either switch ON for light, both must be OFF to turn it off.

That's all I could find as well. I'm going to wire in parallel.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ruth 04-16-2019 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badpuppy (Post 1747542)

What a hassle that would be. Maybe it is wired as a 'three way', as in a house. But then 'three way' switches (SPDT) would have to be used, if available (doubtful).

jw hash 04-16-2019 07:54 PM

on the Victoria`s that I have put together. the power wire goes straight to the dome light the ground wire from the dome light goes to the switch on the other pole on the switch the wire runs down to the brace that is riveted to the inter well panel