The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Sharon Wisconsin Tomorrow June 1st,,,,great Model A Day (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140984)

msmaron 05-31-2014 11:24 AM

Sharon Wisconsin Tomorrow June 1st,,,,great Model A Day

1 Attachment(s)
Tomorrow is the annual Model A Day at Sharon Wis. The temp is expected to reach a hight of 89 and the cars will be in full force, If you have never attended this incredible afternoon I highly suggest it.. The entire town is transferred back in time and the only cars allowed in are Model A Fords.....Hope to see many of you their!

[email protected] 05-31-2014 02:20 PM

Re: Sharon Wisconsin Tomorrow June 1st,,,,great Model A Day

FYI. The Rock-Ford A's Registration Tent will be at a new location this year. In the middle of the block on the East Side of the main street.

Everyone please stop by there on your arrival to say Hi as well as to register. Also please don't forget pick up your dash plaque (first come, first serve until we run out). The club is also selling Model A Day baseball caps again this year to help defray expenses.

Mark is right on.....89 is perfect Ice Cream weather. :cool:

See you all there tomorrow.

Dave

Jeff/Illinois 05-31-2014 02:23 PM

.... and I was going to bring a Carhart coat along, after freezing last year!!

That group that sells carmel corn by the Funeral Home has some pretty good stuff too!! Always plenty of good chow, WISCONSIN brats. Nice swap meet too!

clocey 05-31-2014 03:18 PM

Looking forward to going for the send year. I agree with Jeff that last year was COLD!

mnherb 06-01-2014 05:59 AM

What time does the swap meet start?

dean from bozeman 06-02-2014 06:14 AM

'The entire town is transferred back in time and the only cars allowed in are Model A Fords...'

I would love to see some photos from this event. Please post.

fiddlybits 06-02-2014 09:53 AM

1st time to the event. Pretty Awesome. 212 cars (and trucks) covering 4 blocks and overflowing to the other side of the tracks. Great music, food and era costumes. Picked up a powerhouse generator, a tranny and the on/off lever for my wiper (yippee - no more vise grip)
Already on my calendar for next year.

msmaron 06-02-2014 11:49 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Hear are some great pics of a perfect day!!!

dean from bozeman 06-02-2014 01:03 PM

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the photos. They are great.

It would be great to use period building fronts with folks in era clothing and take black and white photos.

Hey Fiddlybits,
'Picked up a powerhouse generator, a tranny and the on/off lever for my wiper (yippee - no more vise grip)'
Was there a swap meet or are some folks missing some things? Just kidding of course.

A swap meet and period scenes. Wow, I hope to be there some year (particularly if all the women are as good looking as those two). Hope my wife doesn't read this.

Dean

fiddlybits 06-02-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean from bozeman (Post 887732)
Hey Mark,

Thanks for the photos. They are great.

It would be great to use period building fronts with folks in era clothing and take black and white photos.

Hey Fiddlybits,
'Picked up a powerhouse generator, a tranny and the on/off lever for my wiper (yippee - no more vise grip)'
Was there a swap meet or are some folks missing some things? Just kidding of course.

A swap meet and period scenes. Wow, I hope to be there some year (particularly if all the women are as good looking as those two). Hope my wife doesn't read this.

Dean

You mean it's bad form to go shopping at a show? :D

I suppose I should have mentioned, for those that didn't know, so they would not have to assume, that there was a swap meet as well.

Stick Shift 06-02-2014 10:51 PM

I bought an exhaust there and carried it around. Got some funny looks. lol
I had a good time and this is a great show.

[email protected] 06-03-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dean from bozeman (Post 887578)
'The entire town is transferred back in time and the only cars allowed in are Model A Fords...'

I would love to see some photos from this event. Please post.

Found some new ones that are being posted on the Rock-Ford A's Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/rockfordas....1&notif_t=like

Jeff/Illinois 06-03-2014 01:17 PM

Anyone hear who won the 50/50 and also the carburetor/or distributor drawings?

Overheard a guy that had just bought one of the caps for sale that was being offered by the Rockford A's I believe. His buddy was saying to him "But, you've got more caps than you can possibly ever use. Why do you need a new one?' and I loved his response......." Because, I just want to do a small part to help promote the club and the show. I love coming here to Sharon."

I thought that was good!!

Only bad part about this show, is having to leave to go home. Fun just to sit and watch the A's coming and going and hearing them run.

kelley's restoration 06-03-2014 02:26 PM

man I am bummed that I missed the show
I did get to see my niece smash her first birthday cake into he face though
there is always next year
tk

fiddlybits 06-03-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stick Shift (Post 888041)
I bought an exhaust there and carried it around. Got some funny looks. lol
I had a good time and this is a great show.

Are you the one the one that bought the $99 new, but cosmetically rusted exhaust that I was going to pick up on the way back to my car....and found it gone???:eek:

I was all set to blast and BBQ paint that puppy..... ratz!

Clydes 31 P/U 06-03-2014 03:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I want to thank the town of Sharon Wi and the Rockford A's for the great time they provide, I've been lucky enough to make it to 14 of the shows they have put on and they just keep gettin better!!!! I didn't need any parts or accessories this year but did manage to find an A themed trophy that suits my twisted sense of humor...... Clyde

Stick Shift 06-05-2014 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fiddlybits (Post 888331)
Are you the one the one that bought the $99 new, but cosmetically rusted exhaust that I was going to pick up on the way back to my car....and found it gone???:eek:

I was all set to blast and BBQ paint that puppy..... ratz!

No I went to get that one and it was already gone. He had two there and they were both gone.