The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   SCAM alert (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288807)

38 Conv 10-17-2020 03:27 PM

SCAM alert

davidthom957@gmail

OR

[email protected]

Tell you they have the part showed picture sent money never sent part

uncle max 10-17-2020 04:01 PM

Re: SCAM alert

Also: Chad Bush in Georgia.
Rip off artist extraordinaire.

Bored&Stroked 10-18-2020 08:49 AM

Keep in mind that the scammers change their eMails and phone numbers like clockwork. Anytime I see a gMail address with three numbers - is a big red flag to start with. Also, are they frequent posters on the BARN? If they don't have a good track record, or somebody on here who does can vouch for them - stay clear. Lastly, it is always interesting to ask them for their complete home and contact information - which you can usually lookup via the WEB.

When you start hearing the "stories" about why they're not home, that they just moved, that they're at their dead Dad's house where the parts are stored, that they don't have a modern cell phone . . . that the parts are almost headed to the dump and on and on . . . ask yourself how much of the story rings true?

Also, tell them that a friend will come over to inspect the parts and hand over the money . . . they'll start to get all funny with you, the excuses will start to show up really fast.

And if the story and price is too good to be true . . . it is NOT!

These guys are GREAT story tellers . . . don't fall for their stories.

51504bat 10-18-2020 09:17 AM

If the contact from the scammers was through the Barn make sure you report them so the mods can ban them asap.

38 Conv 10-18-2020 09:52 AM

Thanks for all the GOOD advice and what to ask and learned a lot about pay pal
what and how they protect you-- Thanks

JSeery 10-18-2020 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 38 Conv (Post 1942741)

Did you use PayPal for the transaction?

38 Conv 10-18-2020 04:19 PM

Used pay- pal to Friend and family and that was my first mistake--they can not do anything using that format--

JSeery 10-18-2020 05:06 PM

Yep, and that is what a lot of them (sellers) want you to do, legit or scam.

51504bat 10-19-2020 09:43 AM

When I sell something here or over on the HAMB if the buyer wants to use PayPal I give them the choice of using Friends and Family or regular PayPal. If they chose regular PayPal they have to add the PayPal fees. As already said, with Friends and Family there is no protection. When I buy something I consider whom the seller is but I realize that if I use Friends and Family I'm on my own if the seller doesn't come through with the item.

Lincolnville 10-25-2020 07:28 PM

Anybody have experience with [email protected] or with willsjack925 (new member on Fordbarn as of today). Anyway to ban them from the Fordbarn?

JSeery 10-25-2020 08:08 PM

Contact Ryan, he is the administrator, explain your case, he is the decision maker.

Lawson Cox 10-25-2020 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 38 Conv (Post 1942741)

PayPal protects you. My arss. they are holding some $1,800.00 of mine and won't release it. They are holding it "for my protection". I've sold stuff on eBay. PP is the only way to pay on eBay now. I've been paid by numerous buyers but I have yet to see my money. I'm just before suing their arss. NO way to contact them.

deuce lover 10-26-2020 01:10 AM

PayPal, Click Help on the top bar,then help center in lower right in new window that pops up,then click contact us. The number that comes up is 888-221-1161.You have to put in the 6 digit code they send you when they answer.I had a minor issue and I did not have to wait long for an agent who was in AZ.

TuscanS 10-26-2020 10:23 AM

Yep me to......Same, money sent no parts "[email protected]" and "[email protected],,,,,,,,,Ah well expensive entertainment can only but smile and learn from my mistakes.

TuscanS 10-26-2020 10:28 AM

Yes unfortunately...........money sent no parts "[email protected]" and "[email protected] interesting excuses though.