The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Snyders catalog (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=312991)

gdmn852 05-04-2022 09:52 AM

New Snyders catalog

Was some discussion back on catalogs ,got a new Snyders yesterday.

rotorwrench 05-04-2022 10:05 AM

Re: New Snyders catalog

It's been a while since anyone has sent me a catalog. The new Snyder's catalog was welcome but I still go on line to see if the parts are actually in stock where possible.

Badpuppy 05-04-2022 10:08 AM

Got mine too. I like paper copy. Easier to find stuff online though.

TomInCologne 05-04-2022 10:09 AM

I can understand the wish for a printed catalogue but think about all the trees that the 'i'm a lumberjack and i'm okay...' have to kill...

The Master Cylinder 05-04-2022 10:12 AM

The paper copy is easier to take to the "reading room" than my computer. Thanks Snyder's for sending me a new catalog. It's almost as good as the old Sears Christmas Catalog when I was young.

shew01 05-04-2022 06:07 PM

New Snyders catalog

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Master Cylinder (Post 2126889)
The paper copy is easier to take to the "reading room" than my computer. Thanks Snyder's for sending me a new catalog. It's almost as good as the old Sears Christmas Catalog when I was young.

I agree. I shop online, but the “reading room” likes the hard copy. It’s great that trees are a sustainable resource. :-) Thanks, Snyder’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BillCNC 05-05-2022 10:18 AM

Was it sent with your order, or did they just send it out of the blue to their customer list?

I'm going to be making an order soon and there is no option on the site to have one sent to my home, and only as a download.

Regards
Bill

Badpuppy 05-05-2022 10:31 AM

https://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/c...logrequest.htm

Just fill out the form and click the button, Bill.

BillCNC 05-05-2022 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badpuppy (Post 2127215)
https://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/c...logrequest.htm

Just fill out the form and click the button, Bill.

LOL, ... I guess it helps to scroll down the page. Boy do I feel stupid!

Regards
Bill

jayvee34 05-05-2022 11:38 AM

Got Mine 2 days ago.

Fullraceflathead 05-05-2022 12:09 PM

Got mine too yesterday

BrianH 05-06-2022 12:12 AM

I got one today also. Sent by itself. I'm in Santa Ana Calif. 92704

wwirz 05-06-2022 08:08 AM

Received my Snyders Catalog too. I think it is the first one I received from them. I enjoyed skimming the pages. I find my parts with their search engine on the website and then order on-line.

Terry, NJ 05-06-2022 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomInCologne (Post 2126886)
I can understand the wish for a printed catalogue but think about all the trees that the 'i'm a lumberjack and i'm okay...' have to kill...

No hard feelings Tom, but if you came to my area in Pa., you'd find that all the Ash trees are already dead from the Asian Emerald Ash Borer. From , You guessed it , CHINA! Since most of the trees in this area are Ash, It's been quite a slaughter. COVID, The various pig and Chicken flus of the past, The Chestnut blight, whatever else, What's next? (I really shouldn't ask)
Terry

Bob Bidonde 05-06-2022 10:35 AM

My preference is for a paper catalog.

TomInCologne 05-06-2022 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Terry, NJ (Post 2127458)
No hard feelings Tom, but if you came to my area in Pa., you'd find that all the Ash trees are already dead from the Asian Emerald Ash Borer. From , You guessed it , CHINA! Since most of the trees in this area are Ash, It's been quite a slaughter. COVID, The various pig and Chicken flus of the past, The Chestnut blight, whatever else, What's next? (I really shouldn't ask)
Terry

I don't quite understand where the connection is between felling trees for paper production and a neozoa from china. Seems to be a general hate of anything asian, but i digress...

I said it's fine if you want to have a paper copy, especially for intensive study on the loo, but in our company we used to receive kilograms (put your favourite weight unit in here) of paper catalogues every day. And all were unwanted and were thrown away.

P.S. our original squirrels were the red ones, which are now more and more outnumbered by the grey ones from northern america...

Ruth 05-06-2022 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomInCologne (Post 2127510)
I said it's fine if you want to have a paper copy, especially for intensive study on the loo, but in our company we used to receive kilograms (put your favourite weight unit in here) of paper catalogues every day. And all were unwanted and were thrown away.

Well I HOPE you didn't just throw it all away and recycled it instead. But I know what you are saying, I can't believe the amount of "Junk Mail" we get every week (have to drive to town to get it).

Werner 05-06-2022 02:17 PM

It is a special gift for me to be able to leaf through the beautiful catalogs over and over again, to find tips and tricks there. In any case, nicer than the annoying screens.

And also to see comparisons to the collected catalogs printed a quarter of a century ago.

Experiencing joy is part of life!

Terry, NJ 05-06-2022 02:23 PM

Tom, This discussion is getting very close to "Political" und das ist Verboten!
Terry

Jim M 05-06-2022 02:42 PM

Thank you Snyder's.