The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Transmission cover on 40 Ford Standard (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132521)

dp1743 02-25-2014 05:33 PM

Transmission cover on 40 Ford Standard

I'm replacing the transmission cover on my 40 Ford Standard and would like to know what the correct fasteners are. I'm sure the original fasteners have been replaced. I don't think the correct setup is with the existing hexhead bolts and nuts. Does anyone know if I should be using panhead or stovehead type bolts. Also, should I use caged nut clips on the floor panel with the bolts, or, are regular nuts proper? How about any washers? Thank you all in advance for any input. Dick in MA.

Kube 02-25-2014 05:36 PM

Re: Transmission cover on 40 Ford Standard

Quote:

Originally Posted by dp1743 (Post 830746)
I'm replacing the transmission cover on my 40 Ford Standard and would like to know what the correct fasteners are. I'm sure the original fasteners have been replaced. I don't think the correct setup is with the existing hexhead bolts and nuts. Does anyone know if I should be using panhead or stovehead type bolts. Also, should I use caged nut clips on the floor panel with the bolts, or, are regular nuts proper? How about any washers? Thank you all in advance for any input. Dick in MA.

Roy Nacewicz sells a very nice kit for this. There are a number of various screws and cup washers and flat washers used to install the pan. You might save yourself a lot of trouble by simply acquiring the kit. Not very costly...
If you feel you want to dig through your nuts and bolts drawer, let me know and I will post a photo of what you need.

dp1743 02-25-2014 06:14 PM

Thx for your input, Kube. If it isn't too much to ask, would you post the photo of what I would require? I have ample supplies in my garage. I just don't know what to use as originally specified. I'd really appreciate it.

Kube 03-01-2014 12:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by dp1743 (Post 830777)
Thx for your input, Kube. If it isn't too much to ask, would you post the photo of what I would require? I have ample supplies in my garage. I just don't know what to use as originally specified. I'd really appreciate it.

Here ya go Dick.
I do not recall the exact amount of each required. All screws are 1/4". I'd attempted to depict the screws and cup washer in different views to make your search perhaps a bit easier.

dp1743 03-01-2014 01:32 PM

Kube,

Thank you for the photo. That'll help me put mine right. It's kind of tough locating this type of correct information, but, thanks to people like you it's still possible. Hope you're weathering this winter okay, and, thanks again for your help.-Dick