The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Another random 'A' pic (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246221)

Chuck Dempsey 06-16-2018 03:38 PM

Another random 'A' pic

1 Attachment(s)
Found this on the net.

texas webb 06-16-2018 04:13 PM

Re: Another random 'A' pic

Save that 'shine

Chuck Dempsey 06-16-2018 06:09 PM

Hard to believe any bottles survived …..

Badpuppy 06-17-2018 11:00 AM

Yes, many were lost, it appears. Bummer.

BILL WILLIAMSON 06-17-2018 12:41 PM

Chuck,
LOVE your last NAME! DEMPSEY was Chiefs', my Dads', FIRST NAME!
I read the WHOLE story about your pic, it happened after a POLICE CHASE, in Palestine, Texas!
Bill YesIcanread

Chuck Dempsey 06-17-2018 01:03 PM

Mr. Bill, I've noticed a few folk with 'Dempsey' as a first name. I used to have access to my previous work site's customer database, and did a search once for 'Dempsey' as a first name. Quite a few popped out. I have to wonder if their parents were fans of 'Jack'....

Floats 06-17-2018 01:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Guys,
Our Daughter and her family took this photo of a lovely Model A getting off the ferry in Santander, Spain last night. They also saw some other classic cars disembarking, before they could board the ferry on thier way home.

Chuck Dempsey 06-17-2018 03:17 PM

'A's are indeed everywhere... Thanks Floats.

Gold Digger 06-17-2018 05:18 PM

This picture reminds me of a model A wreck in my neck of the woods almost 60 years ago. Our local bootlegger moved his shine in 10 gallon kegs that he hauled in the trunk of his 1930 coupe late at night. He was smart at hiding it up in the loft of his little country store where he sold lots of new mason jars. He keep cases of new jars for sale all time and when someone came in wanting shine he would get a new jar or jars out of the case and step back in the side room and fill them up. The law would raid him and couldn't find anything at all and when they would leave he would go back to selling it again before they were out of sight. One night he and a helper were bringing more boos in from some place the helper said Joe put the "A" in coaching gear on a step hill when he lost control. Killed Big Joe and cripple his helper. The mystery of him filling new jars when there wasn't any boos in the place wasn't solved till years later when someone tore the old wallpaper out. He had a rubber hose hanging down from up in the attic where he would siphon boos to fill up the jars and then blow back to stop the flow. The hose was hanging behind a door facing where the wallpaper keep it covered. A farmer bought the "A" and chopped the top off and used it till sometime in the early 60's when I lost track of it.

burner31 06-18-2018 11:28 AM

Guess the passengers spilled out thru the top