The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Gratitude (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292036)

bob from red oak 12-25-2020 06:31 AM

Gratitude

It is 4:30 am on Christmas day 2020. Just drinking a cup of coffee and thinking about things i am grateful for this year. A tough year for many, not to mention my own fight with cancer and my wife's bout with heart surgery, Yet I have a long list of things I consider blessings this year. On my list is having the opportunity to own a Model A. Bought it five years ago when I was seventy. I saw a shirt advertised on the early Ford site that said "If you don't own one, you won't understand." I can truly say this about owning an "A." It has been special to join a unique band of brothers and sisters with this shared interest. Thank all you barn contributors for sharing knowledge with patience. I am grateful for my model A experiences. If you are waiting for the right time to get your "A," now is the time.

McMimmcs 12-25-2020 06:39 AM

Re: Gratitude

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob from red oak (Post 1966535)
It is 4:30 am on Christmas day 2020. Just drinking a cup of coffee and thinking about things i am grateful for this year. A tough year for many, not to mention my own fight with cancer and my wife's bout with heart surgery, Yet I have a long list of things I consider blessings this year. On my list is having the opportunity to own a Model A. Bought it five years ago when I was seventy. I saw a shirt advertised on the early Ford site that said "If you don't own one, you won't understand." I can truly say this about owning an "A." It has been special to join a unique band of brothers and sisters with this shared interest. Thank all you barn contributors for sharing knowledge with patience. I am grateful for my model A experiences. If you are waiting for the right time to get your "A," now is the time.

Amen my friend !

Jacksonlll 12-25-2020 06:59 AM

Very well done. Thanks and Merry Christmas to all. Jack

kbinde2 12-25-2020 07:14 AM

So many blessings, and thoughtful prayer for all the many families in need..kb

Chuck Dempsey 12-25-2020 07:59 AM

Well said, Bob. Best of luck in the coming year.

rocket1 12-25-2020 08:01 AM

Happy holidays to all I will be 79 in Feb.one of my great joys in life is taking my model A out for a jaunt,Covid couldn't ruin that for me!

shew01 12-25-2020 09:12 AM

My wife and I purchased our Model A about a year and a half ago, and the experience has been quite a pleasant surprise. We’ve met lots of kind, helpful folks inside our Model A club and on this forum. And, we tend to meet brand new folks just about wherever we park the car, especially at gas stations. In this short time, the car has been used in a wedding and a high school yearbook spread.

In the past, we owned a 1957 Fairlane 500, and we currently own a 1965 Mustang in addition to the Model A. By far, the Model A, which we named Lady, gets many more responses from folks that see her.

Thanks, everyone, for sharing your wisdom and advice as I’ve made periodic repairs on Lady. I am indeed grateful for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WHN 12-25-2020 09:26 AM

Have a Happy Holiday to everyone.

These cars just keep giving and giving. Great hobby, great people, and wonderful cars.

Don’t forget to check your sleeping Model A’s for mice now while their looking for a winter home.

Looking forward to 2021. Stay safe and enjoy the holidays.

john charlton 12-25-2020 11:11 AM

A very Merry Christmas to you all !!! For the first time I was pleased to be over 80 years old in that I got a free Covid jab at our local hospital with no side effects at all . In a movie I recently saw Danny de Vito says "old age is a gift" I never ever had thought of that and of course he is right enjoy life when you can . As my model A Fords give me very great pleasure this Xmas morning I went out in my very cold garage and loved them all . Started them all but not at once with all outside doors open .They all have names and the rest of the family thinks Grandad is slightly nuts . On a normal Xmas day with suitable weather I go out in the car of choice but the dreaded Covid has Suffolk County in total lockdown so no cruising winter country lanes today .

John in Suffolk County England .

Joop 12-25-2020 11:14 AM

Hi John

Same to you and see you soon here in AZ

al's28/33 12-25-2020 12:09 PM

MERRY CHRISTMAS Bob in Texas, keep fighting!

God Bless and a HEALTHY NEW YEAR 2021.

jimalabam 12-25-2020 12:55 PM

John: So well said and meaningful. Model A'ing keeps me going...

Tom Foster 12-25-2020 01:09 PM

Yule blessings to all... like Rocket I'll be 79 in February, and have owned our Coupe since '64. Sunny winter days are a blessing in South Texas, and allows us to 'social distance' throughout the year.
Blessings for a great, and healthy, 2021.
Fearless

Richard in Anaheim CA 12-26-2020 03:13 AM

BIRTHDAYS ARE GOOD FOR YOU.
THE MORE YOU HAVE, THE LONGER YOU LIVE.

Richard
Anaheim CA

84th Birthday March 8, 21

Lawrie 12-26-2020 05:14 AM

Richard,
Happy b/day , better late than never, but its a long way down here.
Stay safe and well
How are you both doing.all well here,
Lawrie and Carol from Australia

nkaminar 12-26-2020 10:07 AM

"A" men. Old age is truly a gift considering the alternative. I feel lucky to have my A at this point in my life.

Bob Bidonde 12-27-2020 10:08 AM

Bob 0f Red Oak,
I pray that 2021 will be a great year for you, your wife and family. God bless you.

RB_Nielsen 12-27-2020 02:48 PM

Bob 0f Red Oak,
Well said sentiment - God bless