The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   taillight stand under fender bracket picture request (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270472)

cajunfirehawk 10-05-2019 03:48 PM

taillight stand under fender bracket picture request

1 Attachment(s)
Need some help; on a 1936 ford 2 dr sedan model 68, the left or right taillight stand bracket that go under the fender, can someone post a clear picture showing how these go under the fender and help support the taillight stand :confused:

Cannot find a picture for reference, thanks as always.:)

(Michael's pic of said bracket for reference)

Randy in ca 10-07-2019 02:13 AM

Re: taillight stand under fender bracket picture request

1 Attachment(s)
Todd, I can take some pictures of how the under fender bracket attaches if you still need the information. The picture you posted doesn't show the 90 degree bend and 2nd. mounting hole that should be there - if it's not just hidden in the photo that bracket won't do the job.

-

cajunfirehawk 10-07-2019 03:33 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Randy in ca (Post 1807167)
Todd, I can take some pictures of how the under fender bracket attaches if you still need the information. The picture you posted doesn't show the 90 degree bend and 2nd. mounting hole that should be there - if it's not just hidden in the photo that bracket won't do the job.

-

Hi Randy,
No, I have to be honest, I went around about this several times and I cannot for the life of me figure why these are necessary :confused: best I can tell these mount like this under the fender, 2nd hole portion is hidden in this pic but without these brackets the light stands are rock solid as is so not sure I need them but i think they go like this? If My assumption is wrong and you have the time that would be very nice of you to take a few pics, thanks Randy!
(side shown is drivers side w/fuel filler neck)

deuce lover 10-07-2019 07:37 AM

The single bolt hole on the flat attaches to the lower stud on the tail light stand.The bolt hole on the bent over tab lines up to a fender bolt to the body .The wire from the tail light goes in the reveal (bead) slot to be concealed.Probably only on the coupe or cabriolet it would matter for the rumble step to brace it better.If you don't want to see the wiring I would install them.

50droptop 10-07-2019 09:44 AM

Always thought they served a better purpose of protecting the wire loom vs bracing the taillight stand. As mentioned, the taillight stand is plenty solid without the support.

Tom-MI 10-07-2019 10:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
This should help.

cajunfirehawk 10-07-2019 05:47 PM

THANK YOU Gentleman for the help, I'm sure these pics will help others too in the future!

zeroviz 10-11-2020 07:05 AM

are these also on 1935 ford coupes?

deuce lover 10-11-2020 07:10 AM

Yes and slightly different than '36