The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Where do I store stuff?? (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272498)

Tveditr 11-11-2019 06:36 PM

Where do I store stuff??

On a 1930 5 window coupe with rumble seat where do you store jack, tire tool, and other necessary stuff to have with you?

antiquepa 11-11-2019 07:09 PM

Re: Where do I store stuff??

Is there room under the seat...not sure if there is!! I do have a little room under my Roadster, but also have an add-on trunk.

Conaway2 11-11-2019 07:39 PM

How about a rear mounted trunk ?

alexiskai 11-11-2019 08:20 PM

On my '29 coupe, the seat just lifts off the riser, so I put down some non-slip mats and a utensil tray and put a tool kit, first aid, jack, etc. in there.

If you wanted to, it wouldn't be too hard to build a toolbox that fit up under the panel above the deck lid, at the expense of a little rear passenger knee room.

oldbird55 11-11-2019 09:03 PM

Henry Ford never thought about that,he had lots of people to carry his junk.Out of touch with the little people.

Aok 11-11-2019 10:41 PM

I sold my coupe but I use to keep necessary tools in the rumble seat floor.

redmodelt 11-12-2019 02:38 AM

Under the seat.

springerpete 11-12-2019 06:43 AM

I built a tool box that fits between the front bumper braces. Carry tools, oil and some spare parts. Extra water and antifreeze jugs on rumble floor in a box I made so they won';t move around. Fire extinguisher nestles in top when down.

Kurt in NJ 11-12-2019 07:02 AM

A lot fits under the seat, I have the jack, tools, grease gun, fan, water pump, light bulbs, gasket set, coat hangers, and much more, about all I access is the grease gun, it is on top

DD931 11-12-2019 09:34 AM

There's a really cool tool box that fits between the front "horns" just in front of the radiator. Looks like it belongs there. That's the good news. The bad news is I don't think they are made anymore. Look at swap meets!!

CHuDWah 11-12-2019 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tveditr (Post 1820316)
On a 1930 5 window coupe with rumble seat where do you store jack, tire tool, and other necessary stuff to have with you?

Lots of options:

1. Our 30 Sport Coupe had a recessed pan under the seat (the main seat, not the rumble) - just lift up the bottom cushion to access. I'd guess 5 window is the same. We lined the pan with leftover foam carpet pad to keep stuff from rattling and stored jack, tools, etc.

2. A rear trunk and rack - they can be used with sidemount(s) or mounted with a rear spare using bumper arm extensions

3. There are toolboxes that mount between the front frame horns. There are several versions and some look better than others. Don't think they're still being made but you may be able to find one at a swap meet, eBay, etc.

4. A running board tool box - more common on T but should work on A. Originals are fairly common or you probably can find a modern one that will work. Problem is, you have to drill holes in your running board to mount it. But you can get around that by using a clamp-on "accordian" rack - again, more common on T but should work on A. AFAIK, they're not reproduced but originals are around. Just need to make sure stuff mounted on running board doesn't interfere with opening door(s).