The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Any updates on Tod's new heads (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167294)

ChuckF 04-26-2015 05:13 AM

Any updates on Tod's new heads

Are there any updates on Tod's new heads. I haven't seen any posts lately and I hope everything is going well. I'm hoping to get one of the super crow's foot 7.5 to 1 heads when they are available. Great work by a talented individual and a credit to our hobby.

Tod 04-26-2015 06:16 AM

Re: Any updates on Tod's new heads

PM me for updates or email me. I will be limiting my involvement here due to the jackass factor of some members.

Tod

1929 04-26-2015 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tod (Post 1075648)
PM me for updates or email me. I will be limiting my involvement here due to the jackass factor of some members.

Tod

Pay no mind to the ignorant Tod, there are many more here for you then them.

Jwilli 04-26-2015 07:27 AM

The great people and the good advise far outweigh the JA's.

Marshall V. Daut 04-26-2015 07:30 AM

The Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation Police on this forum need to slightly re-work "1929's" posting, or the meaning is entirely different. Note especially the addition of a comma between "ignorant" and "Ted". This is the key change made to avoid a misunderstanding and REALLY send Ted into orbit!. 'Sorry, "1929", but it had to be done. The sentence should read: "Pay no mind to the ignorant, Tod. There are many more here for you than them."
Class dismissed.
Marshall

kenparker 04-26-2015 08:03 AM

I figured out what "1929" was trying to say, but thank you Marshall for the English lesson.

Many times the grammar and the spelling puzzle me. My mamma was an English teacher in the old days. ken

Marshall V. Daut 04-26-2015 09:00 AM

Thanks, Ken. It took me a couple times reading that sentence to be sure what was actually being said. Nothing personal was, of course, intended towards "1929" in my corrections. We all make typos. I've made some really horrendous ones myself, even though I had proof-read my text before posting it. And English punctuation can sometimes be confusing, especially since the last class in grammar, spelling and punctuation was probably 40-50 years ago for most of us. :) My sole intention was to clarify what I thought "1929" meant without being insulting. We don't need Tod any madder at us than he already is. I'm sure "1929" wasn't calling Tod ignorant, but that's how the original sentence read. No harm, no foul. :)
Marshall

zzlegend 04-26-2015 09:00 AM

I understood what 1929 was saying. ;) Hope he is not another one to get chased off the barn over his typing. :confused: Thanks Tod for the reply. :)

C26Pinelake 04-26-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzlegend (Post 1075700)
I understood what 1929 was saying. ;) Hope he is not another one to get chased off the barn over his typing. :confused:

Yes I totally agree with you ! Wayne

George Miller 04-26-2015 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tod (Post 1075648)

Tod

I agree Tod that is why I quit tiring to help people. One of the jackass was the same one that was tell you how you should pour your blocks.
George

1929 04-26-2015 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall V. Daut (Post 1075666)
The Grammar, Spelling and Punctuation Police on this forum need to slightly re-work "1929's" posting, or the meaning is entirely different. Note especially the addition of a comma between "ignorant" and "Ted". This is the key change made to avoid a misunderstanding and REALLY send Ted into orbit!. 'Sorry, "1929", but it had to be done. The sentence should read: "Pay no mind to the ignorant, Tod. There are many more here for you than them."
Class dismissed.
Marshall

It was too early in the morning, I agree, your right, It can be interpreted differently. I realized it after I read it again. Make no mistake Iam in Tods corner.

Tom Wesenberg 04-26-2015 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1929 (Post 1075716)
It was too early in the morning, I agree, your right, It can be interpreted differently. I realized it after I read it again. Make no mistake Iam in Tods corner.

Oh great, now you forgot to put the space between "I" and "am", and you forgot to put the appostrophe in "Tods".:D

Oh well, I'm taking my marbles and going home.
Oh, wait. I've lost all my marbles.:D:p

zzlegend 04-26-2015 12:52 PM

Oh no. Say it aint so. I mean isn't so. Back to school for you Tom. ;)
One "P", or is it pee? :confused:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/apostrophe

ronn 04-26-2015 02:41 PM

Tom, you missed "you're".................. B-

BILL WILLIAMSON 04-26-2015 03:47 PM

Dog:cool: here,
Wull, I don't tipe ur spel well & I don't understand whut an APOSTROPHE means:confused::confused:---Hope I don't OFFEND anybody UR git "BANNED":eek:
Buster T.:cool:

dumb person 04-26-2015 04:20 PM

Huh? Was it me? i didn't say anything.

Pete 04-26-2015 04:59 PM

http://rs183.pbsrc.com/albums/x62/wc...Laugh.gif~c100

hardtimes 04-26-2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 1075930)

Hey Pete,
YUP, that's the way the IT struck me also....and POT calling KETTLE black ....also comes to mine mind, eh :D:D:D:D:rolleyes:

I'd bet that Tod got to grinning at that one also !

CarlG 04-26-2015 11:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)

H. L. Chauvin 04-27-2015 04:19 AM

Hi Chuck,

Per your most intelligent and sincere post no. 1, it was noticed that it was only your second post on this Forum ...... and with most heartfelt compassion, I hope you can see through these discussions, that with these fun loving Forum patrons, that you did nothing wrong.

Questions like yours, are always the blood-line of any Forum.

You are respected by so many, just to submit a question herein.

Just felt like I had to let you know this.