The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Are there PDF books by Les Andrews (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276747)

paboot 02-14-2020 10:39 PM

Are there PDF books by Les Andrews

Is there a PDF of Model A Ford Mechanics Handbook Vol. II. by Les Andrews?
When working is the shop I like to put info up on my big screen tv so I don’t have to keep looking at the book and also getting it oily.
Thanks,PaulB

Gary WA 02-14-2020 11:02 PM

Re: Are there PDF books by Les Andrews

1 Attachment(s)
No! Not yet!

Jim/GA 02-14-2020 11:24 PM

If Les created and sold PDF file versions of his books, people would pass those files around for free to each other and his book sales would drop to near zero in no time.

Les has invested years of his own time to write those books. He deserves the small profit that he gets from them (after printing cost).

Bill G 02-14-2020 11:31 PM

It would be nice, but Jim is right. If it were out there in pdf, it would soon be everywhere. paboot: You could always scan certain sections from your own copy of the book and save it in pdf to use in your own shop. However, sharing it with others is probably a violation of the copyright.

macdonge 02-15-2020 06:22 AM

Getting grease smudges on the pages of our shop manuals is the literary version of “patina”!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mshmodela 02-15-2020 06:53 AM

I would guess you can find one on a Chinese server that someone scanned. I would guess you find it next to the factory about to make knockoff Testa cars.

Jim/GA 02-15-2020 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mshmodela (Post 1852108)
I would guess you can find one on a Chinese server that someone scanned. I would guess you find it next to the factory about to make knockoff Testa cars.

And Brodex watches! :D

I would never have anything manufactured in a country where the government-sponsored business model is to steal the designs from your business customers or partners, and then go make the product on the side and sell them at a deep discount. :mad:

Have a great weekend! Go drive a Model A! :cool:

paboot 02-15-2020 10:44 AM

Thanks everyone, I thought that would be the case. And yes I do agree with Jim about once it’s in PDF form anyone could get a copy for free. I have his #1 book and now I will get #2 and scan the pages I need.
Again, thanks, PaulB

Humperhill 02-16-2020 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macdonge (Post 1852105)
Getting grease smudges on the pages of our shop manuals is the literary version of “patina”!

And a trip down memory lane as you find previous smudges on certain pages. My manuals get so bad, it borderlines on ridiculous.