The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Model A Fellas please read this (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97965)

Lowell Fast 09-07-2013 09:36 PM

Re: Model A Fellas please read this

So many young folks have not had the opportunity to learn the basics of automotive maintenance. They have not been exposed to clutches, carbs, generators, points and electrical systems with no fuses. I am proud of the patience and skill demonstrated in carrying these new Ford fans through their difficulties.

Ron in Quincy 09-26-2013 01:00 AM

You do a excellent job; keep up the good work !!!!

Ron

Dirtruck 10-26-2013 07:54 PM

Thanks Very Much

Strever 12-08-2013 06:59 PM

THANK YOU

i have stayed away for some time because of some of the stuff that was happening

Again thanks

reggiedog 02-17-2014 08:10 PM

I know that's why i stayed off of the barn? I just came back to see if it was the same way or not. But i see u have figured that out. Thanks maybe i will come back every day like i was before. Thanks again reggiedog

verdirick 03-15-2014 01:24 AM

??? Why is my account blocked from posting??
Appreciate your response
Thanks
Rick Jensen (Verdirick)

Tom Wesenberg 03-15-2014 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by verdirick (Post 841463)
??? Why is my account blocked from posting??
Appreciate your response
Thanks
Rick Jensen (Verdirick)

Are you signed in and have you checked the "Remember Me" box?

Mike V. Florida 03-30-2014 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 28 coupe (Post 711295)
Haven't visited in a while and just saw the new comments! Thanks for a job well done! I got tired of reading the "replys" from the "experts" about how wrong some procedures were and had just about stppped logging on.
Re: oiling the wheel studs as an example......an old trucker told me many years ago that the only lug nuts you didn't oil were the ones you wanted to snap off.........I still oil the studs.
Thanks again.

You see where the problem is?

Your expert told you always oil lug nuts!
Ford in the FORD Econoline Service manual and Owners manual states "Never use oil or grease on studs or nuts." (Wanted to use a Ford reference on the Fordbarn.)

Whose expert is correct? Yours, Ford, both, neither? What makes matters worse is when reading a contradiction to long held beliefs one often thinks the other guy is an ass.

One should keep in mind "There is more than one way to skin a cat."

Just so you don't get upset with me, I found almost as many "lube" as "no lube" on the internet. So I can't say who is right.

SHEC 05-12-2014 10:49 AM

Gentlemen -

Thanks again for this great venue and all the work it takes to keep it afloat. We, meaning me and a few other folks, "older guys", are not as proficient at this computer stuff - but you keep it real and clear as far as rules and regs. It is also very easy to navigate and learn scores of good information.

If folks have real a complaint lets say of a political nature, then I recommend taking the FORD out to the local coffee shop and discuss the worlds problems then and there. The FORD benefits from the exercise, the neighbors get to see a true piece of American Iron, and you get to catch up with others on a level playing field - thus hearing from all sides (hopefully). :confused:

Thanks again and I want to tell you that I truly benefit from your site!

Be well -

SHEC :cool:

SETHDOUG 05-13-2014 08:15 PM

im new here and i have received some great info from you guys ,already,, i recently bought a 1931 model a with my son ... We are not the besy mechanics but we are doing this together and its so nice to know we have guys like most of you out there that are willing to share your wealth of knowledge with others . So please continue this foram and anyone with a case of the im better than yous ... Keep it to yourself ..thanks all you ford barners...your great for this hobby

fordpapa 05-19-2014 05:25 PM

Good evening Model A guys & gals; Is anyone else having trouble getting onto the "mafca,com" site, "parts for sale" these days or is it just me?? Thanks, fordpapa....

Wrenchy61 08-02-2014 07:32 PM

You guys learned me good!

rowens55 04-24-2015 01:02 PM

I just made a post on the model T forum, and Fter reading this I would like to apologize if it offended ANYONE!! I will contain myself better in the future. Sorry, Rowen

1930marie 11-27-2015 02:54 AM

I am glad I saw this post ... and understood. I have always been over protective of our great hobby since riding in my dad'd model T at five yrs old (I'm 60 now). I love Fordbarn and appreciate that you keep it at it's best. Thank you.

JRShaw 12-02-2015 10:56 AM

Ryan and Cob: You guys are doing a SUPER EXCELLENT job and should not have to put up with idiots and morons ruining the site. Both of you are providing a great service to the Model A hobby. THANK YOU!!! Joel R. Shaw, Fairport, NY

imacrazy 02-20-2016 10:06 AM

I was wondering how long this would go on before someone stepped in. Let’s get
back to what we all enjoy, the good old MODEL A FORDS!! We were doing this
when we were Kid’s, now that I am 80 it’s time to grow up.

Bill

JohnB15632 02-20-2016 10:14 AM

Thank you so very much!!! I am in total agreement!! I like following your rules. Now, when I post an item, I will not get crucified for my post!!!

GREAT JOB men. Keep it up please!!!!

JOHN CT 02-21-2016 08:52 AM

I just wanted to say thanks for being here, and keeping our As a safe and fun hobby !!!

Safewiz 05-20-2016 06:49 AM

New member, but not new to the sight. Every since I bought my A, and made it my daily, I have been coming to this sight looking for answers to a few of my problems or concerns, and have found for the most part that everyone is willing to advise or at least point others in the right direction. Putting 150 to 200 miles a week on my car has made this sight invaluable to me.

cradlescyth 05-20-2016 12:54 PM

Hear Hear !!

Tanks for all the good woek on this site.