The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   joy to the world (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236021)

richard crow 12-25-2017 01:43 AM

joy to the world

the king is born

Fibber Mcgee 12-25-2017 02:02 AM

Re: joy to the world

Amen.

chap52 12-25-2017 07:50 AM

The "Greatest Gift" was delivered over 2000 years ago. Blessings for all.

mfirth 12-25-2017 08:12 AM

AMEN to the "Greatest Gift". Merry CHRISTmas, Barners !

JM 35 Sedan 12-25-2017 08:23 AM

Thanks Richard. That's the real meaning of Christmas that many of us tend to forget in all the hustle and bustle of the season.

Marcus 12-25-2017 08:28 AM

Amen and Amen, my Brothers and Sisters in Christ! Merry CHRISTmas to all!!

Ian1932 12-25-2017 08:35 AM

As Linus would tell the story...

Charlie Brown: Isn’t there anyone, who knows what Christmas is all about?!

Linus: Sure Charlie Brown, I can tell you what Christmas is all about. Lights please?

And there were in the same country shepherds, abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them! And they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, “Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings o great joy, which shall be to all my people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ, the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.” And suddenly, there was with the angel a multitude of the Heavenly Host praising God, and saying, “Glory to God in the Highest, and on Earth peace, and good will toward men.

That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown

Pat/Ohio 12-25-2017 08:45 AM

Amen!!

Hoop 12-25-2017 09:27 AM

"That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown"

The other night we met some of our friends for Trivia Night at a local sports bar. One of the questions was, "Time's 100 most influential people of the 20th century includes one cartoon character ... who is it?"

Our family has always been fans of Peanuts, especially the moral teachings that Charles Schulz offered in his strip.

Maybe the answer would be Charlie Brown who leads us to some more subtle understandings of life.

Not so.
The correct answer, Bart Simpson.

We live in a tough world. Keep Jesus Christ alive in your heart with the graces of the Holy Spirit.

Merry Christmas

Craig CT 12-25-2017 10:04 AM

I wish everyone a peaceful and uneventful Christmas, Craig.

fordwife 12-25-2017 10:27 AM

The exact day of Jesus's birth is not known. But it is more important to know why he was born that when he was born. Merry Christmas!

A bones 12-25-2017 10:39 AM

May the spirit carry you through all your trials.

Ken Bull 12-25-2017 11:43 AM

Merry Christmas to Rich and everyone !

Ford46 12-25-2017 11:59 AM

Hoop, so sad but true!!! A very Merry Christmas to everyone. LouB.

Doug 12-25-2017 01:54 PM

Amen!! And a Happy, HEALTHY New Year!

Darrell S 12-25-2017 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoop (Post 1570492)
"That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown"

The other night we met some of our friends for Trivia Night at a local sports bar. One of the questions was, "Time's 100 most influential people of the 20th century includes one cartoon character ... who is it?"

Our family has always been fans of Peanuts, especially the moral teachings that Charles Schulz offered in his strip.

Maybe the answer would be Charlie Brown who leads us to some more subtle understandings of life.

Not so.
The correct answer, Bart Simpson.

We live in a tough world. Keep Jesus Christ alive in your heart with the graces of the Holy Spirit.

Merry Christmas

I would say that Time totally missed who turned out to be the most influential person in the world. We are celebrating his birthday now. Anyway, Happy Birthday Jesus.