The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Early V8 (1932-53) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   FINALLY!!! Moved and ready to display (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304616)

rockfla 10-02-2021 12:18 PM

FINALLY!!! Moved and ready to display

2 Attachment(s)
Finally got them moved/rescued and ready to display in my shop!!

19Fordy 10-02-2021 12:22 PM

Re: FINALLY!!! Moved and ready to display

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS. Those sure will add ambiance to your shop.
Well done.

1952henry 10-02-2021 12:27 PM

Get them up and pics

rockfla 10-02-2021 12:36 PM

Still have one more small oval (I think) to locate and add too the mix! Also need to get someone to add the “service” neon back to the arrow too!!

gajeepguy 10-02-2021 12:54 PM

Rockfla, is that a ford GP in the background? What are your plans for that? Thanks,
Richard Grace

rockfla 10-02-2021 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gajeepguy (Post 2062575)
Rockfla, is that a ford GP in the background? What are your plans for that? Thanks,
Richard Grace

You have a good eye, Plans??? No real plans other than own it, show it a little and drive it!!!

DavidG 10-02-2021 01:34 PM

Super!

petehoovie 10-02-2021 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfla (Post 2062565)
Finally got them moved/rescued and ready to display in my shop!!

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...9&d=1633195093

Lawson Cox 10-02-2021 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gajeepguy (Post 2062575)
Richard Grace

Richard: Thou shalt not Covet. LOL

mike42 10-04-2021 05:29 AM

Hey Rock …….that is really sweet !

rockfla 10-04-2021 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike42 (Post 2063129)
Hey Rock …….that is really sweet !

Thanks Mike, there is quite a story that goes with the two ovals pictured....also in that haul of the ovals were two Neon signs as well. Well, kind of a cool story with the "Ford" service arrow too!!! One more 24" oval to locate and a one year only "Philips 66" shield too!!!

1952henry 10-04-2021 09:02 AM

I imagine the GP still has the N series engine and Model A transmission? A neighbor back home still has his dad's bought after the war. Unsuccessful so far in getting it from him. Been sitting in barn for decades.

rockfla 10-04-2021 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1952henry (Post 2063198)
I imagine the GP still has the N series engine and Model A transmission? A neighbor back home still has his dad's bought after the war. Unsuccessful so far in getting it from him. Been sitting in barn for decades.

Yes it has the "correct" GP engine, not a "true" 9N. Actually my Dad acquired the GP engine before he got either one of our GP's hoping to find a GP to put it in!! The one GP in the back ground is over 25 years of collecting the missing pieces to get it together!!! Would love to see pictures of the one by you!!!

deuce_roadster 10-04-2021 10:47 AM

Wow, Did you acquire those signs at an auction or have you had them stored for many years? Awesome signs, wish I could afford just one like any of them! Very cool. Congratulations.

rockfla 10-04-2021 11:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by deuce_roadster (Post 2063262)
Wow, Did you acquire those signs at an auction or have you had them stored for many years? Awesome signs, wish I could afford just one like any of them! Very cool. Congratulations.

Thank you Sir, the four (actually 2-24" and 2-48" (one of the 48's my Dad gave to a "friend" long ago for helping do something many many years ago) Ovals my Dad "rescued" from a local dealership that had moved to the suburb's back in about 1969 or 1970 along with two neon's, a V8 (pictured) and a V8 Ford Trucks neon sign. Amazingly the day after he got them the building caught fire. The Ford service arrow we got in the late 80's from an old dealership that had moved years before in Foley AL. we used to cut the corner passing trough to beat traffic & traffic light and saw it hanging on the old service entrance in the back.

1952henry 10-04-2021 12:07 PM

Can't take pics. Guy is an old family friend that requests no pics taken of his/brothers' treasures. Haven't seen it myself, but they still have the SCOT blower from his dad's Mercury.

tubman 10-04-2021 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockfla (Post 2063270)
Thank you Sir, the four (actually 2-24" and 2-48" (one of the 48's my Dad gave to a "friend" long ago for helping do something many many years ago) Ovals my Dad "rescued" from a local dealership that had moved to the suburb's back in about 1969 or 1970 along with two neon's, a V8 (pictured) and a V8 Ford Trucks neon sign. Amazingly the day after he got them the building caught fire. The Ford service arrow we got in the late 80's from an old dealership that had moved years before in Foley AL. we used to cut the corner passing trough to beat traffic & traffic light and saw it hanging on the old service entrance in the back.

Funny how that happens. Up here, we have a resort that has burnt down 3 times, always in the "off" season.

rockfla 10-04-2021 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tubman (Post 2063339)
Funny how that happens. Up here, we have a resort that has burnt down 3 times, always in the "off" season.

Ironically for my Dad's story IS he tried for at least a month or more to "buy" the signs and originally called the dealer about them.....They told him they belonged to the real estate company selling the building for them. He called them about buying them, they told him they only represent the company in the sale, they do not own anything!!! SO for at least a month he was like a tennis ball in a tennis match getting hit back and forth from the dealer to the real estate company, from the real estate company back to the dealer!! Finally he took matters on his own. The next day it burned!!

mercman from oz 10-04-2021 08:49 PM

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...&d=1633363
Great Neon Sign in Bobby's Collection. Beautiful.

mercman from oz 10-04-2021 08:51 PM

https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/attac...p;d=1633398377
Wonderful Ford " collectibles" to hang on Bobby's Garage Wall.