The Ford Barn

The Ford Barn (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Model A (1928-31) (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   My Gold at Hershey (https://www.fordbarn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151731)

Wick 10-11-2014 12:44 PM

My Gold at Hershey

Every year I start out with less then $500.00 at Hershey in my pocket.
My gold is to buy all the things I need, a few snacks, a odd display item.
I bring enough parts to sell to cover everything even my Trip and Beer and the parts I'm selling.
And go home with more then the $500.00 in my pocket.
So far my plan works.
The parts I sell would bring much more on E-Bay...but I like to meet the folks buying and they know there getting a deal. They come back and by more later.

Rowdy 10-11-2014 12:56 PM

Re: My Gold at Hershey

That is about how things work when I go to Chickasha. Has not worked out that way at Lincoln or Freemont very often. Hoping things work out for us to go to Chickasha this coming year. The Freemont swapmeet a couple of weeks ago was nearly the worse I have seen from it, with the exception being 2009. Anyway if anyone going to Chickasha has a couple of nice 28-29 truck mirrors to sell be sure to bring them. Rod

Fred K-OR 10-11-2014 01:56 PM

It is very frustrating now days when buyer and seller cannot shake hands on a deal!

Roadster62 10-12-2014 12:05 AM

Hershey is fun, it always has been and I'll always be selling there, but nobody saves stuff for Hershey any more, the internet is the place to move things now all year long. Bob

mhsprecher 10-12-2014 09:21 AM

I spent darned little at Hershey, but I didn't spend as much time in the flea market as I would have liked. I wanted to get by to say hello, but that didn't happen.

C26Pinelake 10-12-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wick (Post 960189)
I bring enough parts to sell to cover everything even my Trip and Beer and the parts I'm selling.
So far my plan works.
The parts I sell would bring much more on E-Bay...but I like to meet the folks buying and they know there getting a deal. They come back and by more later.

You sir are a true gentleman. Our hobby needs more fine people like you !
Wayne

mshmodela 10-12-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wick (Post 960189)
So far my plan works.

Great attitude, maybe next year I should check out Hershey... I'd like to find a Zenith side bowl carb that is a candidate for rebuilding --my late 31' should have a side bowl and I'd like to learn the innards of it by rebuilding it...